Extended Battery=Awesome

garath

Reaction score
how much heavier is the extended battery? noticeably heavier? its the only thing from preventing me from getting one.

using stock battery, i was able to get over a day

- 1 hour 12 min of continuous talk time
- stock battery
- display set to auto brightness
- 3G on all day, GPS on most of the day, bluetooth off
- running leaked froyo 2.2
- mild browsing throughout the day, with some fits of heavy flash/multimedia
- running NO task killers. task management apps are fine though (like autokiller). if you're running task killer, you're doing it wrong.

SJMHP.jpg

Are you using a different battery use app? My "battery use" from the battery manager on stock droidx doesn't break it down that granularly. I never see "android system" or "android os".

I get similar use out of the standard battery. I normally say 15.5 hours since I charge it overnight but last night I forgot to put it on the charger and it was still at 20% in the morning. That brought the total up to 24 hours with 20% juice left.

Lightninrod

Reaction score
After a 10+ hour, all night charge(AC wall charger), my extended battery was at 30% at 4 PM and now, just before 5 PM, it's at 20%??? Yes, I used it a lot today(mostly on the Dolphin HD browser) ant the biggest users are the Display(at 71%) and Voice calls(19%---just two calls) so I am not pleased at all so far.

Last edited:

fishstick600

Reaction score
Give it a while to cycle through.and it'll get better. Trust me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

cwiams

Reaction score
Just got back from a local Verizon store, they happened to have 2 of the extended batteries in stock. I picked one up and the manager honored the BAT30 code so it was only 37 bucks with tax, NICE!! I'm considering going back to grab the second one for when I travel, hmmmm. Time to go charge!
!

Bump. :)

How did you get them to honor it? I called my local store and they didnt think they could honor it.

Thanks

Johnhimm

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked, but does the extended batter and new cover make the phone not fit in standard cases?

Sasquatched

Reaction score
Just got back from a local Verizon store, they happened to have 2 of the extended batteries in stock. I picked one up and the manager honored the BAT30 code so it was only 37 bucks with tax, NICE!! I'm considering going back to grab the second one for when I travel, hmmmm. Time to go charge!
!

How did you get them to honor it? I called my local store and they didnt think they could honor it.

Thanks

When i had called customer service the rep had said they were out of stock with no est ship date but if i found one in store they would match the price. So she located a local store, and found they had a couple in inventory. I went into the store, rep grabbed one from the back and i told him about the promo, he had no idea what it was. I told him to look at the notes on my acct and how the phone rep told me the store would honor the price. He grabbed his manager, manager looked at the screen, hit a couple buttons and bam, 36 bucks plus tax! That's it, no secrets lol

cwiams

Reaction score

Thanks

When i had called customer service the rep had said they were out of stock with no est ship date but if i found one in store they would match the price. So she located a local store, and found they had a couple in inventory. I went into the store, rep grabbed one from the back and i told him about the promo, he had no idea what it was. I told him to look at the notes on my acct and how the phone rep told me the store would honor the price. He grabbed his manager, manager looked at the screen, hit a couple buttons and bam, 36 bucks plus tax! That's it, no secrets lol

No dice at the Washington pa store. That store always sucks customer service though.

Sasquatched

Reaction score

Thanks

No dice at the Washington pa store. That store always sucks customer service though.

I've read in a couple other threads that the BAT30 promo isn't valid anymore, online or anywhere. So I guess it wouldn't matter if the local store would be willing to honor it anyways since the promo is over. Maybe its BAT40 now! hahaha jk