Extended Battery=Awesome

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Got mine today...it's been sitting at 100% for the last 3 hours with moderate to heavy usage. My case fits the new battery and cover fine.

OP
J

Jon Vito

Reaction score
14 hrs in and im at 60% battery...that's with pretty decent usage...10 phone calls or so, lots of texts, lots of music, moderate web browsing and gps while at the store with shop savvy...before my phone would at least be at 20% by now

And this is on its first full charge...too bad it didn't ship with this battery...greedy bastards : )

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X

wmscottmc

Reaction score
I noticed that this battery includes a new cover. Does it make the phone much bulkier?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
By maybe 1mm. It fit under my silicone case without any issues.

mark729

Reaction score

I have a verizon high gloss silicone case and case with the extended battery cover, my side part of case won't cover the phone completely,

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X

I have a verizon high gloss silicone case and case with the extended battery cover, my side part of case won't cover the phone completely,
Weird. My case looks like this but I got it from VZW. Extended battery has no effect on fitment.

motlea371.jpg

chikibabe

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! now we just have to wait for it to be available for purchase again..:happy:

Ansextra

Reaction score
So is there any downside to using the original cover when I receive the extended battery? Obviously I would prefer to keep my Droid X looking "smooth". I did see the one video of the guy saying the battery pushes against the screen if using the original cover.
Anyone else have an opinion on this?

Rishi P

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be smarter to just wait for the update and see how much that would help the battery life?

bigslimfl

Reaction score
Oh and just so you guys know that are worried about the extra thickness, the new cover sticks out .042 inches