1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Extended Battery and Case

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by JimChagares, Aug 31, 2011.

1. JimChagares

JimChagares New Member

My case fits a bit snug with the 1800mAh battery. It fits great if I do not put the back on the phone. Is it important to keep the back on the phone if it is protected by the case?
  2. kevinkar

kevinkar New Member

What case do you have? I have an Otter Box rubber cover that fits the extended battery and cover very well.

However, it's probably not critical that you have the cover on if the case reasonably protects it. *I* wouldn't do it but your mileage may vary so give it a week or two and let us know how it fares.
  3. JimChagares

JimChagares New Member

I just have a cheap case, comparable to a body glove. With the back on the phone one of the clips does not snap tight. I have been using it with out the back all this week.
  4. apstang50

apstang50 New Member

I have the $50 otter box case that has the plastic case and the rubber case that goes over that so the phone is totally sealed. So You are saying that even with the extended battery it still fits in the case? I'd like to get an extended battery but also need to use that case for work.
  5. torino216

torino216 New Member

I have the otter box with extended battery and it fits fine in the case.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  6. kevinkar

kevinkar New Member

I have the $20 rubber "condom" that does not completely seal the phone. Rather it's a rubber sleeve that leaves the ports open and the screen showing (though it included a screen protector I used but ultimately removed.) Since it's rubber, it easily fits over the slightly thicker phone with the extended battery and matching cover installed.
  7. Chillout

Chillout New Member

I just ordered the extended battery, OEM, and of course the back cover came with it, and a wall charger. Since my normal case won't fit I bought a separate leather case to use when I have the extended battery on my DX. Nice to have the main battery and the extended battery for extra long life when I need it. I would always keep that special back cover on when you the extended battery. If for no other reason than helping to keep dust and dirt out of your phone.
  8. JimChagares

JimChagares New Member

I've beening using it for a couple of weeks now in the body glove type cover with no back on the phone with no ill effects.
  9. JimChagares

JimChagares New Member

10. fisterkev

fisterkev New Member

My X has the 1800 battery and has worn the Otterbox Defender, Trident Kraken, Incipio Silcrylic, and Naztech Vertex, and every one of them works with this battery with the battery door on. I have settled on the Naztech Vertex because I think it's a great middle ground between protection and sleekness, and it doesn't hurt that it's relatively inexpensive at the $10-$15 range.
  11. rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p New Member

Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    Yep... I've always had my extended battery with the cover on under the case. I have the Otterbox Defender. One of my friend puts on the normal cover with the extended battery... I always forget to try that to see if it works with mine...
Search tags for this page

case motorola droid extended battery

do i need an extended battery cover for my extended battery

droid charge extended battery camo cover