Extended batteries?

xxdprussxx

Reaction score
Anyone find any yet I briefly looked but couldn't find any

Sent from my SCH-I535 using DroidForums

johnd09

Reaction score
Haven't seen any yet, I'm assuming Samsung will release an OEM extended in a few weeks.

Edit: unless your looking for a knockoff brand. There are these huge ones for the international version, without nfc, that should work on a other versions since I believe the phones are identical. http://amzn.to/L30g7k

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

mkstn

Reaction score
I got one from Amazon for $20 includes a back & wall charger. I perfer using the std battry to keep the phone thiv but when you need the extended time this is a good option.

JFrawls

Reaction score
I got one from Amazon for $20 includes a back & wall charger. I perfer using the std battry to keep the phone thiv but when you need the extended time this is a good option.

Can you let me know how the ext. battery is going for you... I was looking at getting one from Amazon but wasn't sure of the quality

mkstn

Reaction score
Only used it once and it did ok. I hand the same concerns but for $20 I would say it is a buy! You can usd thd wall chargef to charge the OEM battery too.

vcarterm16

Reaction score
just bought extended battery and case for SGS3 on amazon

I just placed the order, haven't tried it out yet but the items get high user ratings. All of the extended batteries come with a new back for the phone. The really difficult thing is to find a protective case that will fit the new dimensions of the phone with extended battery, this makes it roughly twice as thick. I found one and it is only 5 bucks on amazon.

QCell Samsung Galaxy SIII X-Life NFC enabled 4200mAh Extended Battery + Blue Back Cover (Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S III GT-i9300, AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung i747, Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung i535, T-mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung T999, U.S. Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3 R530, and Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung L710) **WITH NFC FOR S BEAM & GOOGLE WALLET SUPPORT** - QCell

22bucks

Hyperion Samsung Galaxy S III Extended Battery HoneyComb TPU Case Black (Hyperion Retail Packaging) **Compatible with ALL Hyperion, Qcell, Onite, Anker, and most Generic Galaxy S3 Extended Battery Models**

5 bucks

I'll get back with a review once I know how it all works.
Vickie

mkstn

Reaction score
Do you have a link for the case? I don't use the extended battery much because I have to carry the phone without a case.

mkstn

Reaction score
Ok I found it in Amazon. Too bad it is only in black. Oh well better than nothing. Let me know how it works out. I am just using a Jelly Case on my S3 until the Otter Box is available.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I just placed the order, haven't tried it out yet but the items get high user ratings. All of the extended batteries come with a new back for the phone. The really difficult thing is to find a protective case that will fit the new dimensions of the phone with extended battery, this makes it roughly twice as thick. I found one and it is only 5 bucks on amazon.

QCell Samsung Galaxy SIII X-Life NFC enabled 4200mAh Extended Battery + Blue Back Cover (Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S III GT-i9300, AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung i747, Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung i535, T-mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung T999, U.S. Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3 R530, and Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung L710) **WITH NFC FOR S BEAM & GOOGLE WALLET SUPPORT** - QCell

22bucks

Hyperion Samsung Galaxy S III Extended Battery HoneyComb TPU Case Black (Hyperion Retail Packaging) **Compatible with ALL Hyperion, Qcell, Onite, Anker, and most Generic Galaxy S3 Extended Battery Models**

5 bucks

I'll get back with a review once I know how it all works.
Vickie

Definitely looking forward to your review. Since the extended battery case is made for use with the Hyperion extended battery cover, I'll be curious to know if it will work with other extended battery doors. With third-party extended batteries and covers, there could easily be variations in the size that would cause a case from one company to not work with the extended door of another company since there isn't a standard size like there is with the standard OEM battery and cover.