Extended batteries

GreekPower

Reaction score
I searched around a bit, I'm going to reset my battery stats right now. But my average battery life is about 5 hours with little to NO use. Its getting worse and worse as time progresses. I've had the same battery since dec 09. But I'd like to get a extended battery. VZW suggests using the Droid 2 battery as a extended battery. So can anyone lead me to a battery for the Droid 1 that will fit under the stock cover and give good battery life? Thanks in advance.

geoff5093

Reaction score
I believe the extended battery requires a new battery back that makes the phone a bit thicker. As far as I know only the standard batteries will fit with the stock back.

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
I read somewhere that the extended battery for the d2 would fit with the stock door.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Droidette

Reaction score
I read somewhere that the extended battery for the d2 would fit with the stock door.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Not true - I just bought my Droid 2 and got the extended battery kit. It comes with a new battery door to accommodate the thicker battery. The battery sticks out and the stock door will not fit over it.

If you get one of the Verizon plastic cases for the Droid 2, it does have a bump out that will fit the extended battery with the new sliding door. At least you don't have to buy another case...

D-Mac

Reaction score