extended batt or not

tobiasg

Reaction score
It is more than double in real world use. Something about how higher cap batteries keep a charge better. I never went 12 hours ever with my stock battery but I have gone 24 with this one at least once.

Sigh - that sounds really nice, nicer than juggling extra batteries.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
What worries me about extra stock batteries is that the cover does wear out over time. I noticed that even my last one after 5 months of taking the cover off maybe once every week or so was starting to not clip in the same as it did before. Since the antenna is part of the back cover, if you wear the cover out, you are screwed and have to spend $ on a new one.

tobiasg

Reaction score
What worries me about extra stock batteries is that the cover does wear out over time. I noticed that even my last one after 5 months of taking the cover off maybe once every week or so was starting to not clip in the same as it did before. Since the antenna is part of the back cover, if you wear the cover out, you are screwed and have to spend $ on a new one.

Ok - you convinced me - Extended Battery here I come.

OP
Alchemist945

Alchemist945

Reaction score
Mine is coming today if fed ex brings it on time I can't wait

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

PhDCow

Reaction score
So I sucked it up after reading all of your experiences and put in the extended battery. I got one when VZW did a number on my order that took 5 days to completely assemble a functioning Rezound. I like the high silicone gloss cover for it, btw. More protection than the holster combo.

(can't believe I'm saying this) Y'all are right. I seem to lose the first 10% quickly, but then I'm in a good place. I turned up the brightness to 10% and left all of the other power saving options the same. I think I'm a convert. I'll keep a spare standard one in my toolkit just in case.

It does feel more substantial and fits better in my hand too. Had I not had gotten a free one, though, I probably would have stayed with the standard battery.

Caesars

Reaction score
Ya I actually liked the feel of all my extended batteries previous to my maxx, always felt right in my hands.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Snoking

Reaction score
PhDCow said:
So I sucked it up after reading all of your experiences and put in the extended battery. I got one when VZW did a number on my order that took 5 days to completely assemble a functioning Rezound. I like the high silicone gloss cover for it, btw. More protection than the holster combo.

(can't believe I'm saying this) Y'all are right. I seem to lose the first 10% quickly, but then I'm in a good place. I turned up the brightness to 10% and left all of the other power saving options the same. I think I'm a convert. I'll keep a spare standard one in my toolkit just in case.

It does feel more substantial and fits better in my hand too. Had I not had gotten a free one, though, I probably would have stayed with the standard battery.

So now you know why they have been telling girls for years "Go extended and you will never go back!"

PhDCow

Reaction score
VZW has online and in some stores, a high gloss black case - their brand. It's flexible silicone, but thick enough that I'm less worried about bumping the edges. It was $19.99.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Back covers are cheap as dirt on Amazon or eBay.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
VZW has online and in some stores, a high gloss black case - their brand. It's flexible silicone, but thick enough that I'm less worried about bumping the edges. It was $19.99.
This the one I use with my extended at half the price you mentioned Amazon.com: Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible EXTENDED BATTERY TPU Case for HTC Rezound (Verizon) [Diztronic Retail Packaging]: Cell Phones & Accessories , And it work great with this holster Amazon.com: Seidio HLHTRZDASC Surface Holster for HTC Rezound - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

OP
Alchemist945

Alchemist945

Reaction score
Well got my extended battery today just got it in and untill I get an other case I'm still using my otter box with out back plate so far I love the feel to the phone even more now fits really nice in the hand

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well got my extended battery today just got it in and untill I get an other case I'm still using my otter box with out back plate so far I love the feel to the phone even more now fits really nice in the hand

HTC did a great job with the ergonomic of the back cover. The extra weight becomes a non issue soon as well, imo

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Myco

Reaction score
The only reason to not get the extended battery is if you care about how your phone looks. I love and miss the way my Rezound looked, but cannot imagine life without the extended battery. I rock this all day and don't worry about where one of my 3 wall and 2 car chargers are, along with my spare stock battery.

PhDCow

Reaction score

Thanks for the links. I always like to have a spare on hand.

And I'm a total convert now to the extended. It feels perfect in my hands. It's been off the charger for over 9 hours. The brightness has been bumped to 10%. I've spent 2 hours on the phone making and receiving calls this morning and I'm still at 75%. It even fits in my universal car mount. I'm a happy girl who has already decorated the case with shiny stickers. I'm a grown woman with children, but the girly stuff reels me in. :)