/ext2, link2sd and CM7.0.2

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by buellboy9, Apr 30, 2011.

1. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Putting this in a separate thread where maybe it'll be seen. The link2sd app has no problems mounting my /ext2 partition under Bugless... but for some reason it doesn't see that partition under CM7.0.2 on the OG Droid. Same phone, same SD card. Works under Bugless, unable to mount under CM7. By the way, it didn't work under CM6 either.

How do I get link2sd to recognize the /ext2 partition on the sd card under CM7? I went through that whole, long thread and didn't see clue one as to how to do it.

Please don't tell me to partition the second partition as FAT32... I don't have the tools. ROM Manager does not give me the option to partition as anything but /ext2 and that is the only tool at my disposal. I should also point out that my Linux/UNIX experience is minimal at best... I can follow SPECIFIC directions (and I understand that everything is case sensitive, unlike Windows) only, not general ones.

Thanks in advance.

2. dpaine88

dpaine88 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I would use Prime's Deprimed kernal and flash his links2sd zip.

Worked for me

3. kevdog

kevdog Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Weird -- I formatted mine sdcard with MiniTool Partition Wizard (its a free windows program) and everything worked. You have to format the partition as a Primary Partition -- not Logical. I even put a third Primary Partition -- swap in for good measure. I found when it wasn't formatted as Primary it didn't work.

What do you see when you use the mount command?

4. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Where can I find this kernal?

5. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I use ROM Manager. I BELIEVE it was formatted as primary. Remember, it works under Bugless Beast... it just isn't seen under CM.

I issued the "mount" command without operands just now, but it spewed out a ton of info and I don't know what I'm looking for (n00b, remember?).

6. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Kevdog: The minitool partition wizard was the trick. First, it showed ROM Manager actually created an /ext3 partition, NOT /ext2 as I believed. Still, link2sd wouldn't mount it, so I converted it to FAT32 with the PW tool and now it works. THANK YOU! Just freed up a ton of space from the phone's internal memory.

Even better, after a reboot everything is still there. On Bugless, I had to use link2sd's "Quick Reboot" to reestablish all of the links.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  7. fused2explode

fused2explode Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ext3/4 are the filesystems built into CM7, I believe one of the only ROMs that actually uses it. FAT32 will not work with a swap partition on top of the fact that its inefficient. Flashing link2sd on top of CM7 should yield the results you're looking for AS LONG AS your sdcard is properly formatted to begin with. Formatting / partitioning your card AFTER installing the rom will give you problems.

F2E

Sent from my Droid on Tapatalk Pro

Search tags for this page
cm7 suport ext2
como montar ext2 na cyanogenmod

cyanogenmod 7 ext2 support

how to get ext2 option in link2sd

link2sd and cm7

link2sd ext2 not found

link2sd ext2 not found on android 4

link2sd not working properly

link2sd1.0.2