1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Explain This...firmware version changed after SPRecovery Restore

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by nateccnn, Apr 1, 2010.

1. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

I had Smoked Glass 6.0.1 running smoothly with 250 to 900 mhz. When the OTA update was released I forced the manual update. I liked the update but it was SLOW! So I RSD Lited back to 2.0.1. It managed to keep the new radio baseband (which was really the only thing I wanted anyhow). I did a nandroid backup of everything before I forced the manual 2.1 update. So after rsd liting I immediately used DMUpdate to put SPRecovery back on my phone so I could restore my last backup. When I backed up I had Smoked Glass. Now after recovering that backup I have Bugles Beast 0.7. I never installed Bugles Beast before. Where did it come from? Is that what DM Updater 11 is putting on the phone when I root? All I wanted from DM Updfate was the SPRecovery...probably should have used ADB...oh well.

I was going to give BB a whirl anyhow so I will let it run it's coarse.

Now the cool part. With Smoked Glass I was real happy. But I could not get better than 250 ish on a short bench test. With Bugles Beast I get 190s. And Space War is SCHMOKIN! of course...the temp is running 98 degrees just sitting there right now. Will have to watch the temps. I was running 93 degrees with SG. Give a little...take a little.

Anyhow...can someone confirm for me...where did Bugless Beast come from?

I now have the following in settings:
    Firmware 2.1
    Baseband C_01.3E.03P
    Kernel 2.6.29-oamp1-g1c56172-dirty adamz@ubuntu#4
    Build Number Bugless Beast 0.7

Does all that sound right or do I need to update something.

Tell me I have to play...please tell me I have to play. I'm addicted! LOL

Nate
  2. bomber889

bomber889 New Member

You should get BB 0.9 lol
  3. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Where

Nate
  4. bomber889

bomber889 New Member

5. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

I tried Petes ESE81 and could not get it to install. May try BB.9 tomorrow. For now I am back to Smoked Glass and 250 ish bench marks and lower temps. It seemed fast before I tried BB. Man...this stuff is addictive.

Nate