[EXPIRED]Staples Offers $100 Off Coupon for Tablet Purchases

Discussion in 'Android News' started by wicked, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    It's a hard choice between them. They both have pros and cons the other doesn't so it's going to be a very personal choice.

Transformer:
    Pros:
    Better color and 'crisper' display
    Lighter (noticeable so)
    Sync/Restore did a LOT more on this device than on the Acer (restored all my wi-fi points ect., not with the Acer)
    Seems a touch more responsive and quizer
    Much faster wifi (or rather use of the wifi, loads pages quicker, streams videos quicker ect)
    Location of Volume rocker

Cons:
    Placement of speakers can cause them to be covered when holding in landscape
    NO HEPTIC feedback
    no USB ports unless you buy the $$$ dock
    No flash on rear camera
    Semi-tricky root (check the MD5 sums of the files in the root directory!!)

Acer:
    Pros:
    Much better sound (speaker size, location and software all make a noticeable difference)
    Flash on rear camera
    USB ports
    Easy root

Cons:
    HEAVY -at first I liked the weight (I'm a big guy, large hands and HATE small/light/cheap feeling things, but this this is a beast)
    useless USB-mini port (unless you're going to buy some adapter cables)
    docking port
    No good cases for it yet (though the Transformers aren't much better)
    Did not stream media as well
    wi-fi is spotty (connection speed drops a lot for no reason)
    Screen attracts a LOT of finger prints
    'grid' of screen is noticeable at times (with enough light and at just the right angle, it's not really distracting but some people might hate it)

So there's a quick run-down. So far the transformer is slightly ahead but I'm going to use the crap out of them this weekend before deciding.

2. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Addition:

Another Pro for the Acer - rotation lock button on the side of the device
    Con for the Acer - Location of the volume rocker when in landscape

This is both a con and a pro for both devices depending on your personal preferrence but the microSD card access for both is very different. Acer put it behind a small panel that you have to open up (which all current cases cover) and on the AT is on the side/bottom and just clicks in (no cover).

3. MrStylz

MrStylz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    FYI - you can use this for any tablet they sell, whether the store has it in-stock or not. I just went to my local staples and they obviously didn't have the Galaxy Tab 10.1 32Gb in stock (as no staples stores do), so they bought it for me online, I payed at the register, and they are shipping to my house for free...coupon applied.

As long as you purchase IN-STORE, that's all they care. They don't care if they ship to you or you walk out the door with it.

4. Valvoline

Valvoline Active Member

Ratings:
    +54
    ...http://www.androidauthority.com/asus-eee-pad-transformer-vs-samsung-galaxy-tab-10-1-15124/

5. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19
    I noticed the transformer doesn't have usb drive, how can you watch movies on this thing do you need to download some kind of player if you have movies on your laptop.
    Also it mentions something about mini hdmi, is that similar to what the bionic will have cause I kind of would really like hdmi output to tv

6. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Also can u print things of tablets or no?

7. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19
    I went in and played with all three tablets, except the galaxy. I'm not too interested in that since it's the most expensive and I feel as though samsung made it with the intent of making a pretty device as opposed to functional. The transformer supports more video formats. But the only problem with the transformer is that you need the dock for it if you want to put a usb...and I'm not sure but can you add an sd card if you don't have the dock? From what I saw all it had was the slot for the hdmi.

Is the transformer worth it if you don't buy the dock? The iconia is nice too and easy to root as someone mentioned. What advantage is there to rooting tablets though is it the same as phones

8. Ripster

Ripster Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Calling just saves time and hassle. I called Best Buy shortly after this post and they said they'd honor the coupon. They grabbed me an Acer Iconia 500 and held it at the customer service counter. $325 out the door! Been using it the past couple days..sweeeeet. THANKS TO THE OP!!!!

9. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Just to update you guys, my brother went to office depot today to get the transformer with the staples coupon and apparently they are not accepting it anymorre for the transformer.

They showed him an email I guess from corporate stating they would not honor it for the transformer.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

10. 3turner

3turner Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Both of you got lucky with Best Buy. I bought the Xoom about a week and a half ago and when I saw the coupon announced, I immediately printed it out and went to Best Buy to get a price match....as per their policy online, coupons were not excluded in the price match guarantee. Even pointing that out to the manager, all he would give into was a $50 gift card to be used in store. Well, better something than nothing.

11. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Why didn't you return your Xoom than at best buy and buy it at staples? Extra $50 in my pocket seems worth the hassle.

12. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Update #2: since office depot didn't take the coupon for the transformer, my brother went to best buy and they accepted the $100 off plus they gave home a $20 credit for using his BB credit card plus no interest and payments for 6 months.

$279 for a transformer, that's am awesome deal!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
staple tablet protection plan 25 coupon

staples $100 tablet coupon office depot

staples 100 off coupon
staples offers $100 off coupon for tablet purchases
staples tablet coupon 2013 75 dollar off galaxy s3

staples tablet protection plan

verizon special $100 off staples tablets