[EXPIRED]Staples Offers $100 Off Coupon for Tablet Purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

3turner

Reaction score
Calling just saves time and hassle. I called Best Buy shortly after this post and they said they'd honor the coupon. They grabbed me an Acer Iconia 500 and held it at the customer service counter. $325 out the door! Been using it the past couple days..sweeeeet. THANKS TO THE OP!!!!

My local BB said they'd match the price even though I bought the Xoom a few days ago! Ya gotta love competition!!

Both of you got lucky with Best Buy. I bought the Xoom about a week and a half ago and when I saw the coupon announced, I immediately printed it out and went to Best Buy to get a price match....as per their policy online, coupons were not excluded in the price match guarantee. Even pointing that out to the manager, all he would give into was a $50 gift card to be used in store. Well, better something than nothing.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Why didn't you return your Xoom than at best buy and buy it at staples? Extra $50 in my pocket seems worth the hassle.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Update #2: since office depot didn't take the coupon for the transformer, my brother went to best buy and they accepted the $100 off plus they gave home a $20 credit for using his BB credit card plus no interest and payments for 6 months.

$279 for a transformer, that's am awesome deal!

Netkeys

Reaction score
Coupon good for Dell Streak 7 for 299

went in Staples today to see if it worked on the sub $200 tabs also....and nope. Had them order the tablet with delivery to my house and went to ring it up and it came up that the Pandigital tab was not part of the sell. Evidently its only the $400 and up tabs.
not willing to spend that much on a tab thats going to be used every once in awhile.

You can get a Dell Streak 7 for 299 less 100 or 199. I picked one up yesterday. I have a Pandigital I got for 100 a couple months ago and the Streak is worth the extra 100.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I'm thinking about the thrive. I went to the transformers forum and it's having couple of problems.

jds54

Reaction score
Thrive also has major problems.
Bought one at BB 2 weeks ago returned it yesterday. It would turn on by itself roughly every 48 hrs. Happened about 4 times while I had it. Also heard it has problems waking up which I didn't experience.
Used coupon and bought Samsung at staples for $399.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Ye I heard about the sleep mode problems. I heard that transformer has connection problems though.

I like the samsung but I haven't considered it. I'm kind of torn on this decision. I love the transformer just don't like the lack of usb. How can you connect it to a computer

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Ye I heard about the sleep mode problems. I heard that transformer has connection problems though.

I like the samsung but I haven't considered it. I'm kind of torn on this decision. I love the transformer just don't like the lack of usb. How can you connect it to a computer

You may want to do a little more research. The Tab lacks any type type of USB, you have to buy a seperate adaptor to utilize USB on the Tab.

The Asus lacks a full size USB, but still has a microusb to connect to ur PC.

What do you mean by connection problems? I'm sure these are resolved with root or updates.

jds54

Reaction score
You should be able to connect using USB from charging adapter cable.
Your computer should see it as an external drive that you can move things to.
Haven't tried it yet but sure it will do that.
Samsung has accessories coming out to give you more options.To bad Thrive had issues. I liked all the extras like USB, SD and HDMI out.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Oh ok it has a micro usb. I know about the dock but u have a laptop and I just want to use this as a tablet.

I have to check again I was browsing through transformers forum.

I don't plan on hacking this though because I'm not too familiar with rooting a tablet and I wouldn't know how to utilize the root. And I heard it's difficult to root?

I also like the file manager on thrive which I'm sure you can get on asus.

So far I'm favoring the asus by far.

alboboy10

Reaction score
You should be able to connect using USB from charging adapter cable.
Your computer should see it as an external drive that you can move things to.
Haven't tried it yet but sure it will do that.
Samsung has accessories coming out to give you more options.To bad Thrive had issues. I liked all the extras like USB, SD and HDMI out.

Ye that's what I love about the thrive other than that...eh. The asus has hdmi too, but it's the mini.

parkview

Reaction score
Asus Transformer and the Staples coupon = strike out

I've tried at 3 local Best Buys and all Managers have told me that they do not except other stores coupons and longer. I also stopped at two office depots and both showed me a corporate email they received not to accept the $100 coupon for the ASUS Transformer. You can only use it on a couple brands at Office Depot.

I also called Staples to ask if they could order it for me and since it is out of stock online they can't do anything. One Staples store told me that I could only use the coupon for in store only tablets and nothing online.

Looks like I'll be buying one online for $399.00

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Has anyone tried Walmart or HH Greg? Or any others?

alboboy10

Reaction score

I've tried at 3 local Best Buys and all Managers have told me that they do not except other stores coupons and longer. I also stopped at two office depots and both showed me a corporate email they received not to accept the $100 coupon for the ASUS Transformer. You can only use it on a couple brands at Office Depot.

I also called Staples to ask if they could order it for me and since it is out of stock online they can't do anything. One Staples store told me that I could only use the coupon for in store only tablets and nothing online.

Same thing here been looking all day....lucky whoever got it!

DROID11

Reaction score

Why don't you go with the galaxy tab 10.1 for 399 at staples?

Sent from the best phone available aka the HTC Thunderbolt

Status
Not open for further replies.