1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Expert Opinion Requested: Can Bionic Headphone Noise Problem be Fixed with Software

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by lm2, Dec 8, 2011.

1. lm2

lm2 New Member

My new Bionic has the headphone whining problem that has been well-documented. I am within Verizon's 14 day window to switch this phone for another. I have also seen lots of people claim that the leaked .893 firmware fixes this problem. However, many people I know who are knowledgeable about electronics are shocked--shocked--to hear the whining could be fixed with software.

So tell me, dear experts, is such a fix even POSSIBLE? If it is, then I'll stay wedded to the Bionic and hope for it to be fixed in the official .893 release. Otherwise, I might be forced to jump ship, although I'd be pretty sad about it.
  2. rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p Well-Known Member

Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    Oy, that can go either way. It could be a soft problem, could be a hard problem. I'm going with hardware problem. They may have found a way to fix it though.

Swyped and sent through the interwebz directly to you from somewhere and some device that doesn't concern you!
  3. JimmyGT

JimmyGT New Member

I have the leaked update 5.7.893. I had the headphone problem before the update and now it's fixed. Definitely a software bug.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  4. Tonik

Tonik Member

+1 Running same update, definitely fixed.
Search tags for this page

bionic 4 whine