[Expert] Internet trolls are psychopaths

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Troll.jpg

Speaking at the recent SXSW tech festival held in Austin, Texas, trolling expert professor Joseph Reagle said that “measures of sadism, psychopathy, and Machiavellianism positively correlate with trolling”.

He added that that if you enjoy writing comments online, you are more likely to become a troll and that there is a “strong relationship between online commenting frequency and trolling enjoyment.”

A 2014 study into trolling by the researchers from the Universities of Manitoba, Winnipeg and British Columbia also found that online trolls display traits including sadism, narcissism and psychopathy.

theGuardian

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
I could've told you that without the need for an expert :D

In all seriousness, I think it is way overblown. I honestly never knew there was an 'expert' on trolls. To go as far as saying we need politicians and tech experts to make the Internet safe again...??? Ever heard of a block and ignore button? Now they do have a point about the inciting of violence from people who are considered trolls. It's a serious issue that obviously has negative repercussions.