Exhausted all options

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by salilsurendran, Jun 20, 2012.

1. salilsurendran

salilsurendran New Member

Hello,
    I have been struggling with this issue forever. I am using my Google nav app and all of a sudden it freezes barely updating with CPU @100%. I have tried different options using 3g instead of 4g, not using bluetooth, not starting nav when CPU is busy nothing has worked. All of a sudden either at the start or during a navigation session the CPU will go up to 100% and the app will stop updating and if I am driving I left without directions until I reboot. Huge headache. I used different system monitors like 'WatchDog Lite' and 'System Tuner' and those apps say that the most CPU consuming process during that time period is 'Android System Process'. I have no clue as to what 'Android System Process' is doing during that period of time except it is taking a large amount of CPU.
    Only option left is to overclock, upgrade to a faster CPU from Verizon or go to Apple IPhone
  2. imagecolour

imagecolour New Member

I feel there is some other process which is running concurrently.Best option is to wipe and reload :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:
  3. salilsurendran

salilsurendran New Member

I have been partially able to fix the problem. One I downloaded Copilot Live as a navigation app which uses offline maps instead of downloading maps on the fly like google nav. However, still my phone used to lag close to 20-30 seconds when I would go to my home screen and similarly when I went to my application lists. I was using Seepu so I could see that my CPU was at 100% all the time. This led me to believe that there might be an issue with my SDCard and hence I downloaded sdbooster https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dbooster&hl=en .
    I saw an amazing performance improvement after I set the cache size to 8192 mb and the lags all but disappeared. However, still when I am on my home screen it sometimes lags 5 seconds which is still infuriating. What the heck is it doing, is it reading apps from the disk?
  4. imagecolour

imagecolour New Member

Why dont you reload the whole OS