1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Exhausted all options

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by salilsurendran, Jun 20, 2012.

1. salilsurendran

salilsurendran New Member

Hello,
    I have been struggling with this issue forever. I am using my Google nav app and all of a sudden it freezes barely updating with CPU @100%. I have tried different options using 3g instead of 4g, not using bluetooth, not starting nav when CPU is busy nothing has worked. All of a sudden either at the start or during a navigation session the CPU will go up to 100% and the app will stop updating and if I am driving I left without directions until I reboot. Huge headache. I used different system monitors like 'WatchDog Lite' and 'System Tuner' and those apps say that the most CPU consuming process during that time period is 'Android System Process'. I have no clue as to what 'Android System Process' is doing during that period of time except it is taking a large amount of CPU.
    Only option left is to overclock, upgrade to a faster CPU from Verizon or go to Apple IPhone
  2. imagecolour

imagecolour New Member

I feel there is some other process which is running concurrently.Best option is to wipe and reload :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:
  3. salilsurendran

salilsurendran New Member

I have been partially able to fix the problem. One I downloaded Copilot Live as a navigation app which uses offline maps instead of downloading maps on the fly like google nav. However, still my phone used to lag close to 20-30 seconds when I would go to my home screen and similarly when I went to my application lists. I was using Seepu so I could see that my CPU was at 100% all the time. This led me to believe that there might be an issue with my SDCard and hence I downloaded sdbooster https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dbooster&hl=en .
    I saw an amazing performance improvement after I set the cache size to 8192 mb and the lags all but disappeared. However, still when I am on my home screen it sometimes lags 5 seconds which is still infuriating. What the heck is it doing, is it reading apps from the disk?
  4. imagecolour

imagecolour New Member

Why dont you reload the whole OS