Exhange x for x2

Raevien

Reaction score
Just got a droid x and found out the x2 came out. Should I bite the 35 dollar exchange fee and swap?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
Yes. Its only 35 dollars for a much better device.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
R

Raevien

Reaction score
Are there any drawbacks to the x2 or is it just a better x?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only drawback I can think of....and this is a big MAYBE....is the screen. Going into technicalities it MIGHT NOT be as sharp as the DX1's. There are folks that went from a DX1 to a DX2. There are some differences of opinions about the screen. Off the top of my head, thats the only drawback I can think of.

If I was in your shoes I would take the restocking fee hit and get the DX2.

OP
R

Raevien

Reaction score
Sweet, I think I will be swapping it out. Is it out in stores yet?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
No custom ROMs for the DX2 (yet) is probably the biggest drawback if you're rooted...one hopes/assumes they will appear...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
No custom ROMs for the DX2 (yet) is probably the biggest drawback if you're rooted...one hopes/assumes they will appear...

Not everyone is on the Root wagon...

yutzybrian

Reaction score
I say swap it out and root! The dual core is definitely worth $35 and the screen looks great to me.

cece5702

Reaction score
I say swap it out and root! The dual core is definitely worth $35 and the screen looks great to me.

Is it worth $85 in your opinion? I thought about swapping my Droid X ( I just purchased a week in a half ago) and get the Droid X2. I would have to pay the $35 restocking fee, plus the difference of the Droid X2 which is $50. I already received my rebate check. So I would owe the $50.00

Hmmmm.... Decisions..Decisions... I am hearing some complain about the screen display being pentile? Lagging? rebooting?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

Is it worth $85 in your opinion? I thought about swapping my Droid X ( I just purchased a week in a half ago) and get the Droid X2. I would have to pay the $35 restocking fee, plus the difference of the Droid X2 which is $50. I already received my rebate check. So I would owe the $50.00

Hmmmm.... Decisions..Decisions... I am hearing some complain about the screen display being pentile? Lagging? rebooting?

If you do decide to keep the X1, you can root it and get Gingerbread today. The X1 with GB is soooo smooth and quick. Just some food for thought!