Exfat

Oaklands

Reaction score
Is anyone working on a way to allow the razr to read an external hard drive formatted in exfat?

I have a 1 TB drive I use on my tablet and would like to use the drive with my razr as well. Fat32 doesn't cut it for large files.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Frankly if I understand exfat, there doesn't seem to be much reason as far as I can tell to be able to read it. I mean, isn't it designed to be able to read/write files from 4GB upto 64 ZiB? Who needs to be able to deal with files of that size on a phone (at this point in the progress of technology)? I am not trying to be a kill-joy, actually I am trying to understand the benefit. These phones can only store at max 64GB (64GB SD card), and with their limited RAM size, slower processors, and relatively small screen size it would be inefficient at best dealing with a file size over 4GB.

OP
O

Oaklands

Reaction score
Maybe playing a movie file that is larger than 4gb so as not to have to split it.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Maybe playing a movie file that is larger than 4gb so as not to have to split it.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Ok, I suppose so. Thanks for the clarification.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.