Excuse my sarcasm

Oaklands

Reaction score
Every once in a while my sarcasm gets the best of me. After reading forums over the past 2 months about the new Razr and GN, I can't resist. Of course more of my sarcasm is out of this forum since I am a satisfied owner of a Droid Razr. Here we go:

Today: The battery life on this phone sux

2 years ago:
I need to buy an extra battery for this thing. It never lasts me all day. If I do much more than make phone calls and text messages it dies

Today: I am going to "Rent" this phone until brand such and such comes out

2 years ago: I'm going to try this "droid" thing out. If I don't like it, I will go back to a Windoze phone. At least I know what bad things to expect out of it.

Today: I bricked my phone while trying to root it. I'm going to take it back to Verizon and tell them something happened to it so they will give me a new one. (Translation - I need to be "Occupying" some city, because everyone owes me even when I make my own mistakes. It's not my fault. "It's the man.")

2 years ago: What do they mean by rooting or jail breaking a phone. I better read up on this for a while so I understand it better.

Today: This camera sux

2 years ago: This camera sucks

That's enough for now. Better get to work. Who knows, maybe more later.

akhi216

Reaction score
Aw what the hell, I'll take a shot...

Today: I miss my physical keyboard. I went to a webpage and it wouldn't accept virtual keyboard input; what the hell? At times, I wish I still had my OG Droid's keyboard. The keyboard did come in handy at times when typing a long email or SMS. My virtual keyboard closes by itself sometimes, does anyone else have this problem? Voice recognition doesn't work properly with background noise. I wish I would've held out for the Droid 4. I might buy the Droid 4 at full retail value; has anyone heard any news about that Droid Loyalty Program? Sorry, Swype fail. It's a great phone but sometimes I wish it had a keyboard. Damn Swype...one of these days I'm gonna throw this thing into a wall!

2 years ago: The keyboard on the OG gets in the way. I can type as fast as I can using an physical keyboard with an onscreen keyboard. I seriously don't see the need for a keyboard on a touchscreen phone. In the future, I'm gonna take the training wheels of and get a touchscreen-only phone because I don't need a physical keyboard anymore. Physical keyboards are outdated. With voice recognition and text dictation, who needs physical keyboards? People who still rely on physical keyboards are those who are stubborn, resistant to change have an inability to adapt, etc.. It's sad that people today still need those physical keyboard crutches. The only problem I have is that it's too big *that's what she said..*

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Last edited:

orionsvantage

Reaction score
Second half of that post looks awfully familiar....

why do people insist on putting their screen name in their signature?

akhi216

Reaction score
I don't understand. Who puts their screen name in their signature?

drunkclever

Reaction score

Theses lines woke me out of my slumber

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

akhi216

Reaction score

Theses lines woke me out of my slumber

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yeah that was a pretty good one.

orionsvantage

Reaction score
I don't understand. Who puts their screen name in their signature?

A lot of people, its more prevalent in other forums, though.

why do people insist on putting their screen name in their signature?

mikera67

Reaction score
Sad thing is performance on these phones seems ahead of moore's law, except battery's, they are getting better and better by a small percentage yearly, but the power seems to grow 3 fold that. Grab an external charger, keep a wall charger handy, these things are super computers not too long ago and it fits in your hand, lasts 6_12 hours depending who you ask,I think that's not bad for what it does.

Love Swype, yes, it doesn't read my mind, and the keys on the razr are small, but I'll deal.

I have five lines, and I steal all the upgrades to the wife's dismay, so even though I love this phone, i'm a guy, like shiny things, plus it has buttons and can look at dirty Web pages (wife, just saying it can,I don't, that's sick and degrading) I'll make a snap choice and get the nexus and GIVE the wife this phone, unless I brick it then I'll grab it back and blame the kids...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Soucouant61

Reaction score
Today: I bricked my phone while trying to root it. I'm going to take it back to Verizon and tell them something happened to it so they will give me a new one. (Translation - I need to be "Occupying" some city, because everyone owes me even when I make my own mistakes. It's not my fault. "It's the man.")

How about this translation--I need to be paid a Billion dollar bonus for running companies, communities and the entire county into the the ground, because I did my best with my brilliant mind. It's not my fault. "Its the common man".

OP
O

Oaklands

Reaction score
How about this translation--I need to be paid a Billion dollar bonus for running companies, communities and the entire county into the the ground, because I did my best with my brilliant mind. It's not my fault. "Its the common man".

Reminds me of a quick joke. Congress is captured by terrorists. They are demanding $30 million or they will pour gas on them and burn them all. Guy comes up to a guy in car, we are taking donations to help them out. Driver asks how much most people are donating. Reply, "About a gallon."

akhi216

Reaction score

That was pretty amusing. It makes me think of this...

VZW Boardroom #1

[video=youtube;umrKjcriAps]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umrKjcriAps[/video]

VZW Boardroom #2

[video=youtube;HZMGiiQr46Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=HZMGiiQr46Q[/video]

breedingh8

Reaction score
Sad thing is performance on these phones seems ahead of moore's law, except battery's, they are getting better and better by a small percentage yearly, but the power seems to grow 3 fold that. Grab an external charger, keep a wall charger handy, these things are super computers not too long ago and it fits in your hand, lasts 6_12 hours depending who you ask,I think that's not bad for what it does.

Love Swype, yes, it doesn't read my mind, and the keys on the razr are small, but I'll deal.

I have five lines, and I steal all the upgrades to the wife's dismay, so even though I love this phone, i'm a guy, like shiny things, plus it has buttons and can look at dirty Web pages (wife, just saying it can,I don't, that's sick and degrading) I'll make a snap choice and get the nexus and GIVE the wife this phone, unless I brick it then I'll grab it back and blame the kids...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Agreed everything has been progessing fast except battery..they have tested a new technology batteries that go from 0-100% in 15 min and last a week, however as of now after 150 charges they loose stabilty and drain faster still 20% better even after estimated 1 year use (150) full charges ..estimated another 2-5 years before we can expect them in our phones ...keep releasing top of the line new tech with old tech batteries running them sigh...only battery i like is my tablet and this lasts a couple days with out charging...well see i just preorered the asus TF prime

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

B

bens42608

I couldn't agree more. The next big step shouldn't be making these phones more powerful, it should be better battery technology that can at least handle what we already have

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums