[Exclusive] Thunderbolt & Xoom Ready For Launch

joehmayfield

Reaction score
attachment.php

georgek

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting the Xoom but not if it doesn't come with flash installed.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

B

BUFFALOMADMAN

I dont think they will release the thunderbolt and the xoom on the same day just my thought I think it will get pushed back maybe the 28th people have been stating but I just dont think verizon or bb will release on the same day cause to much chaos in the morning and BB mobile dept is already small

sportsguy

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with a good friend who works in a Verizon store in a certain coastal California city. He reports that they received a shipment of Xoom's today, no Tbolts to be found as of yet.

electric6

Reaction score
I have recently lost patience and purchased the inspire 4g. I must say this phone is skick as butter, and its good ATT finally has a good Android device. But the external speaker is to.y sounding, the reception is still bad at my work, and ATT has blocked sidelong of apps completely. I did find a quick fix, by taking out the sin card, but swype beta is blocked nonetheless. Seeing all the walls ATT put around this phone I will unfortunately be returning it by the end of the week. Oh yeah, it says 'HSPA+" in the signal indicator, even though my area still does not have it yet. Very deceptive... With that being said, and my old iphone on the way to gazelle, I'm now stuck with my old Nokia while I wait impatiently for the tb to be released so I can finally join VZW.

Miami, do you know if the tb has stereo speakers like has been rumored? Because the external one on the inspire are just sad!!

UNC

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting the Xoom but not if it doesn't come with flash installed.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

It'll have flash preinstalled, but even if it didn't... Flash is a market download right?

Newton122189

Reaction score
lemme ask you guys a question

i reserved the XOOM so that i could get it on thursday, but im most likely going to just cancel the data plan and just tether my droid, so... my question is do you think i should just wait for the wifi only version, i mean if its gonna come out in a week or two then i can manage, but if the wifi isnt going to come out for a couple months then i would rather just pay the extra cash and get it now, plus it would give me the option for 4G if i decide to pay for it later (since its better than 3G tethered)

just sorta wondering what you guys think, im unsure what i should do, if i had my ultimate choice i would pay for the service every month but realistically i wont since i can tether

I say just wait for the WiFi model. The wait should be about a month only, but it'll be worth the savings.

Also, whatever Verizon or Best Buy tell you guys is false. They're still working on the device to insure it 'works' well. The Thunderbolt was never meant to launch February 14th, but was pushed because of the high demand over it. They couldn't meet the deadline and still can't meet the February deadline. Don't expect this this month. I'd say the second week of March is a target date. Just try to be patient and not get mad at Verizon. They promised by the end of Q1 and will deliver.

Sent from my Droid

Thanks for the input, I'm sorta leaning that way but I'm still not sure. If I dont get the XOOM on launch day then I will wait for the Wifi Only version. The bad part about that is if it doesnt come out for a month or two then I'm going to be kicking myself every day. If I knew definitively that the Wifi Only version was going to come out in the next 2 weeks then I would definitely wait but I have a feeling its going to be much longer than that.

Schoat333

Reaction score
I was at the Verizon store yesterday, and the associate let me play with one of the Xooms they had opened up.

It is surprisingly heavy, but feels like it is very well made. Honecomb is amazing. I love the lock screen. It was very fast as well. No lag at all.

It is going to be 3g at first, but does have a SIM card drawer that will allow it to be upgraded to 4G later.

dman59

Reaction score
Motorola XOOM Tablet to be Available on the Verizon Wireless Network on Feb. 24

“Best of Show” winner at 2011 Consumer Electronics Show delivers the world’s first true tablet experience, with upgrade to 4G LTE in Q2

Feb. 22, 2011
BASKING RIDGE, N.J. and LIBERTYVILLE, Ill. - Feb. 22, 2011 - Verizon Wireless and Motorola Mobility, Inc. (NYSE: MMI), today announced the Feb. 24, 2011 availability of the innovative new Motorola XOOM™ tablet, which won the coveted CNET Best of Show award at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show for being "the most potentially disruptive technology." The first device to run Google's new Android 3.0 Honeycomb operating system, the Motorola XOOM will be available for purchase from Verizon Wireless for $599.99 with a new two-year customer agreement or $799.99 without a contract. Wireless 3G data service for the Motorola XOOM will begin at $20 monthly access for 1GB. The Motorola XOOM will be upgradeable to 4G LTE service at no additional charge in the second quarter of 2011.
A powerhouse in both software and hardware, the Motorola XOOM is built around a 1GHz dual-core processor and 10.1-inch widescreen HD display. The sleek, stylish design features a front-facing 2-megapixel camera for video chats, as well as a rear-facing 5-megapixel camera that captures video in 720p HD.
The Motorola XOOM showcases the innovations of the Honeycomb user experience that improves on Android favorites such as widgets, multi-tasking, browsing, notifications and customization, as well as featuring the latest Google™ Mobile services. The Motorola XOOM also features full support for tabbed browsing and support for the Adobe® Flash® Player, available soon as a free download, to enjoy all the video and other rich content available on the Web. For additional information about upgrading their XOOM to 4G LTE, customers can visit www.verizonwireless.com/Xoom4GLTEUpgrade starting Thursday, Feb. 24.
For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
To learn more about Motorola XOOM, visit www.verizonwireless.com/xoom.

Source: http://mediacenter.motorola.com/Pre...-Verizon-Wireless-Network-on-Feb-24-35d2.aspx

ke0kie

Reaction score
Early adopter panic and frenzy is funny to me. Seems like a waste of time/money/effort. Oh my God, product X is delayed, somebody needs to be crucified immediately!

--Scott