[Exclusive] Thunderbolt & Xoom Ready For Launch

georgek

Reaction score
Pp
Miami, do you know if we will be able to preorder the TB online if we are a Verizon customer like the Iphone?

Ok so the Thunderbolt is coming out in 4 days(supposedly), is there any news YET on the 4G prices?

Talk about waiting to the last minute.

same as 3g... $30 a month unlimited right now....

later on we may not be so lucky

Beat me to it

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

barcodelinux

Reaction score
Ok so the Thunderbolt is coming out in 4 days(supposedly), is there any news YET on the 4G prices?

So we have to buy the $30 3G plan AND the $30 4G plan? So thats $60 per month for data?

Or does the $30 4G plan cover the 3G service as well?

Forgetful

Reaction score

So we have to buy the $30 3G plan AND the $30 4G plan? So thats $60 per month for data?

30$ for 4G with 3G. So you pay $30 and you get 4G coverage and 3G coverage. 4G is only for data, you still need 3G for talking.

Forgetful

Reaction score
On second glance that Thunderbolt looks like one of the dummy models that have been showing up at VZW stored over the past week or so.

For comparison-

6575d1298248042-feb-24-thunderbolt-launch-date-confirmed-thumb_550_htc-thunderbolt-dummy.jpg

EgooEspada

Reaction score
On second glance that Thunderbolt looks like one of the dummy models that have been showing up at VZW stored over the past week or so.

For comparison-

6575d1298248042-feb-24-thunderbolt-launch-date-confirmed-thumb_550_htc-thunderbolt-dummy.jpg

It is a dummy. I don't think they're trying to pass it off as a live model; at least I hope not.

joehmayfield

Reaction score

For comparison-

It is a dummy. I don't think they're trying to pass it off as a live model; at least I hope not.

These are display models. I work at a retailer. Both are the exact screens of the dummies. Exact screen layouts of both. I don't see either of these launching this week. I can upload pics tomorrow.

Arachnidus

Reaction score

On that note, does this mean I have to buy a 4g data plan in addition to 3g?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
no they are the dummies for sure..........

Live and hands on here ........ not live models.........live models will be in a day or so for you guys

Newton122189

Reaction score

For comparison-

These are display models. I work at a retailer. Both are the exact screens of the dummies. Exact screen layouts of both. I don't see either of these launching this week. I can upload pics tomorrow.

Dummy model or not the XOOM is being released this thursday

Arachnidus

Reaction score

30$ for 4G with 3G. So you pay $30 and you get 4G coverage and 3G coverage. 4G is only for data, you still need 3G for talking.

Alright, that answers my question. Hope there's automerge so I don't make a doublepost. Sorry if I do.

Newton122189

Reaction score

On that note, does this mean I have to buy a 4g data plan in addition to 3g?

you wont have two separate plans but you might have to upgrade your existing plan or something to that effect

EgooEspada

Reaction score

For comparison-

Yea I know. They've arrived for some the weekend of the 14th before the delay was known throughout (hence the Feb 14th date on the display models). Expect the Xoom to come this week for sure, but March for the Thunderbolt is more realistic.