1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Excited for the future

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by pthance, Mar 31, 2010.

1. pthance

pthance New Member

Well, I may not have a lot of agreement from the rest of the modding community here. But now that 2.1 (ESE81) has dropped I'm pretty excited. Bear in mind I'm not excited for the same reasons as most. FINALLY there will be a stop in all the crazyness. I mean really lol, all these ROMs come out so fast with new basebands, firmware, etc that its getting hard for me to truly enjoy my phone since I'm flashing it all and playing with it. FINALLY we will start seeing some new development in the droid community again, not just who can push out the newest leaked sbf with OC/tethering/etc. added to it. I liked it at first, but we never really saw anything new or changing in my opinion. Obviously there have been some exceptions to this (Koush and his ROM manager being opened up to multiple ROMs was pretty nifty), but needless to say I'm kinda stoked for the future.

Thoughts?
  2. bomber889

bomber889 New Member

I totally agree.
  3. inmate369

inmate369 New Member

your totally right.
  4. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

I agree. I've held off rooting since I got the Droid because I'd go nuts flashing every other day.

I was waiting until after 2nd update then word got out 2.1 would be pushed later so I held off yet again.

I will sit back and now wait for them to gain root access and see what comes out.
  5. nnmeriF

nnmeriF New Member

rooting can suck it stick to stock
  6. ThePravus

ThePravus New Member

Shoo troll.

Totally agree pthance.
  7. Topsy

Topsy New Member

There's nothing new to ESE81 that wasn't leaked in previous versions either, although I suspect they are using ERD79 instead of an earlier google build.
    There's only one single change I see this release doing, DroidMod will now come out with a 2.1 ROM, that's about it.
  8. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

CK running stock? Whoulda thunk it?
  9. ThePravus

ThePravus New Member

Thats true, but with all the new releases the ROM builders were rushing to move to the latest build whether it had changes in it or not. This is a public perception issue, newer = better, kind of thing. It takes away from the developers ability to focus on improving what they already have.
  10. alienware777

alienware777 New Member

EDIT YOUR POST TOPSY! QUICK! Removal of that so that when you do it nobody knows! HURRY TOPSY!
  11. VitsDroid

VitsDroid New Member

Ive been running Bugless Beauty .9 , adamz oc, and smoke theme. I absolutely love it. Havnt had any issues. I like being able to control most things on my phone, dont like car dock, Poof is gone. dont like corp cal, poof its gone. I hate reinstalling roms so i did some reaserch, picked bb.9 and stuck with it cause it works awesomely.
  12. alienware777

alienware777 New Member

No dude seriously. Just do it! See how many people start saying, market broken topsy. Edit your posts, and do it!