Exchanging the Thunderbolt due to random reboots

Hokie4Life

Reaction score
I've been having serious issues with random rebooting since I got the phone and they've only worsened with the OTA update. I'm thinking of getting another Andorid phone.

I was wondering if anyone here has entertained the thought of exchanging the phone with another VZW Android phone and if so, which one and why?

Thanks.

capetocairo

Reaction score
Honestly, I think you should weather the storm, as annoying as it is. They know full and well about this issue and I'm sure there is extra effort to find out the root of it.

Are you rooted and/or running a ROM, or are you stock? What is your current phone setup as it is now, maybe we can help you find out if there is something that is also helping the cause?

OP
H

Hokie4Life

Reaction score
Are you rooted and/or running a ROM, or are you stock? What is your current phone setup as it is now, maybe we can help you find out if there is something that is also helping the cause?

My phone is stock. I've already performed 2 factory resets on the device. Unfortunately, it hasn't helped. I've read a few other threads in this forum about the rebooting issue however I'm certainly open to any help this forum can provide.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Did you do the factory data reset that is found in settings "phone and storage"?

One more thing for you to try is reformatting your SD card. Save all your needed files to your computer and delete any garbage. Then reformat the SD card and then put your files back.

I would keep the Thunderbolt for many reasons. I know your reboots are frustrating but I'm sure it can be fixed.

OP
H

Hokie4Life

Reaction score
Did you do the factory data reset that is found in settings "phone and storage"?

One more thing for you to try is reformatting your SD card. Save all your needed files to your computer and delete any garbage. Then reformat the SD card and then put your files back.

I would keep the Thunderbolt for many reasons. I know your reboots are frustrating but I'm sure it can be fixed.
Correct, the setting from SD & phone storage is where I executed the factory data reset. I did not reformat the SD card though. I'll have to try that later today since I'm at work and I'd like to backup the data on the SD card.