Exchanging Droid X with nick

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by cassull, Aug 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cassull

cassull New Member

So I got my Droid X direct from Verizon on August 11. Just today, I was coming back from Best Buy with a case for the DX when I was getting out of my car and my phone slid out of my pocket and hit the asphalt. Needless to say, many swear words filled my apartment's parking lot and I dashed inside to examine the damage. No scratches on the screen, but there are two nicks on the upper and lower right corners of the phone.

I freaked, immediately called Verizon, said my phone was having a few software issues (it was, but it didn't bother me enough to want to exchange it) and they said they'd overnight one to me on Monday and should arrive on Wednesday. Now, I'm a bit concerned that if I return it, Verizon will charge my account for the damage as it may not be considered in "like new" condition. I've got a picture of the bigger nick on the bottom right as I can't seem to get a very good picture of the other one (at first, I couldn't even find it).

Index of /Phone
  2. cromo8

cromo8 New Member

haha nothing to worry about, dude thats nothing i could barely tell there was a nick ive returned my droid 1 with a huge gash and a crack and was still good
  3. cpjr

cpjr New Member

Wow....how bout man up and deal with it instead of scamming Verizon.

And this is why we pay so much for service and equipment.
  4. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator

i read this and i was like.. whos Nick? then i was ooohhhh that kind of nick
  5. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member Premium Member

Like it was some after school special, learning to work with others with Nick. :)
  6. dsm1824

dsm1824 New Member

Exactly.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  7. vatothe0

vatothe0 New Member

One step closer to having to go to stores for replacements again.
  8. LJH

LJH New Member

i doubt very highly they will overnight you a new droid x!! They are on backorder with prob thousands of us waiting for our first one we ordered two weeks ago. I ordered on the 10th and have not even got a shipping notice yet. If they do send u a new one in 2 days i will be very upset as Im going crazy waiting for mine!!
  9. DAONE

DAONE New Member

What A PUSS! I couldnt even tell! What I did notice was dudes fat hand! ..hahhaahahahahahahahahhahahaa! wat a RAT!
  10. Edmvr6

Edmvr6 New Member

You can try but like it was already mentioned alot of people are waiting for there first DX.
  11. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

thats nothing. ive had way bigger scratches in my droids. if we have to ever go into stores to get replacements that will be so annoying (i just dont like the people, and calling is easier).
    also, he will be getting a refurbished like new, thats different than the actually NEW phones you people are waiting for. they might have refurbished ones in stock, but you guys are waiting for your new ones
  12. czm2000

czm2000 New Member

+1

Sent from my DROIDX
  13. tobytl

tobytl New Member

Yea, exactly. The ***ch of it is, it's possible to get a 'nicked' droid back as a refurb. As long as it passes operationally, minor cosmetic defects are OK for refurbs...

I pay ~$350/mo to them.... I'm morally OK scamming verizon every now and then, considering they scam me out of ~$100 a month for stuff we don't use (talk minutes)....
  14. Ansextra

Ansextra New Member

The last I heard we decide on how many minutes we want to pay for. I try to keep my plan appropriate to my usage.
  15. tobytl

tobytl New Member

Oh, we do get to decide. The smallest shared plan is 700 minutes, $99.99/mo (plus the hidden charges). Ya know how much of that we use with 5 phones on it? Less than 100 minutes/mo. I'm fine paying the 5x$30 for data, not a problem, but $150/mo for what basically amounts to unlimited txting? Eeesh....

We don't actually talk on our phones, just txt/im/internet/email.
  16. Ansextra

Ansextra New Member

My wife and I have the 1400 family plan. We have a la carte texting for $10 apiece. I got the 1400 family plan since that qualifies me for friends and family. I use my phone for work quite often so actually do talk on it. 95% of the people we know have VZ for a carrier so I got us each the $10 text plan. That way we can text to VZ for free and have 500 messages to text others. Worked out cheaper for us than Talk and Text.
    Obviously your mileage may vary as your needs are different.
  17. tobytl

tobytl New Member

Ooooh yea, unlimited text is a must for us :D. Anyone of us alone, with the the possible exception of my mother, would break 500 txt/mo. My little sister can hit over 5000 during the semester, and I sit around 3k-4k a month on slow months. Txting is our main form of communication these days, it's really screwing with my english skills.
  18. Ansextra

Ansextra New Member

You get unlimited VZ texts with the $10 plan. We just don't know as many people that don't have VZ around here. So for us it works.
  19. benner

benner New Member

Wow I really hope they find a problem and conclude it was your fault so they charge you the full price for ripping them off.
  20. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

:closed_2:
    Thread is closed due to childish bickering....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.