Exchanged Nexus.....need to redo

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by grizcoach, Jan 9, 2012.

1. grizcoach

grizcoach Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I exchanged my Nexus because of some issues. Now I need to reinstall the apps I had and set it up like I wanted it.

1) How do i stop the automatic shortcut when I download an app.

2) Is there a way to get rid of the google bar at the top of every screen? Do I need to use a launcher? Suggestions?

3) Is there a shortcut to getting the apps I had back or do I need to download them all again? It seems that when they set up my Nexus the first time, the apps transferred over but not this time

Thanks for your help
    Grizcoach

2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,667
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    1. Don't know of a way, but you can just drag it to the trash so not much of a hassle
    2. Root and ROM
    3. once you log into the market with your account, your previously downloaded apps should show up under "my apps"

3. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel Silver Member

Ratings:
    +64
    For issue number 1 go to market settings and turn off auto add widget to desktop or something along those lines.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

4. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +23
    1) Go into your market, press the menu button (3 dots in top right corner), go to settings. Uncheck auto-add widgets.

2) Yeah you will need a different launcher. If you like the stock launcher, but want a few more options (like the ability to remove that search bar) something like [APP] Nova Launcher Beta (ICS based) - xda-developers . Go Launcher, ADW (and ADW EX), SPB Shell, Launcher Pro....tons of others out there that are all quite different.

3) No unfortunately that is the only way to do it if you already returned the busted Nexus.

Search tags for this page
android galaxy siv redo initial setup
disable go launcher setting bar with 3 dots

galaxy s3 how too redo the initial setup

how to re-do initial setup on nexus 4
redo android initial setup
redo initial setup android