Exchanged Nexus.....need to redo

grizcoach

Reaction score
I exchanged my Nexus because of some issues. Now I need to reinstall the apps I had and set it up like I wanted it.

1) How do i stop the automatic shortcut when I download an app.

2) Is there a way to get rid of the google bar at the top of every screen? Do I need to use a launcher? Suggestions?

3) Is there a shortcut to getting the apps I had back or do I need to download them all again? It seems that when they set up my Nexus the first time, the apps transferred over but not this time

Thanks for your help
Grizcoach

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
1. Don't know of a way, but you can just drag it to the trash so not much of a hassle
2. Root and ROM
3. once you log into the market with your account, your previously downloaded apps should show up under "my apps"

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
For issue number 1 go to market settings and turn off auto add widget to desktop or something along those lines.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I exchanged my Nexus because of some issues. Now I need to reinstall the apps I had and set it up like I wanted it.

1) How do i stop the automatic shortcut when I download an app.

2) Is there a way to get rid of the google bar at the top of every screen? Do I need to use a launcher? Suggestions?

3) Is there a shortcut to getting the apps I had back or do I need to download them all again? It seems that when they set up my Nexus the first time, the apps transferred over but not this time

Thanks for your help
Grizcoach

1) Go into your market, press the menu button (3 dots in top right corner), go to settings. Uncheck auto-add widgets.

2) Yeah you will need a different launcher. If you like the stock launcher, but want a few more options (like the ability to remove that search bar) something like [APP] Nova Launcher Beta (ICS based) - xda-developers . Go Launcher, ADW (and ADW EX), SPB Shell, Launcher Pro....tons of others out there that are all quite different.

3) No unfortunately that is the only way to do it if you already returned the busted Nexus.