Exchange woes!

kkwan77

Reaction score
Last night my exchange account just went out on me inexplicably.

I removed the account and attempted to add it again and now the 'Next' button is grayed out? (this is in the first setup page for name / password)

Anyone offer any help?
confused.gif

Help me droid users you're my only hope.......

JayMonster

Reaction score
I know silly question but... did you enter your information? The button is grayed out until you have a properly formed email address (not necessarily valid but properly formed) and something (anything) in the password box.

Reaction score
I had problems once with my exchange and I bought TouchDown and have never looked back.

OP
K

kkwan77

Reaction score
Yes, the name and pass were entered.

Tried rebooting and even using using the slide out keyboard to see if I could highlight the 'Next' box and press enter to no avail.

Strangest thing to go out all of the sudden when it was working throughout the day.

The only thing that was different was that I turned on all the sync options in the afternoon and later on in the night poof. I hit the email icon and it brings me to email setup page and not my inbox emails. sigh

JayMonster

Reaction score
Well, unfortunately (unless somebody has a better suggestion), I'd say that a factory reset would need to be done. Sorry, I don't have something better than that.

OP
K

kkwan77

Reaction score
Ok so now I do a factory reset and it still does not allow me to proceed past the name / password page in the email setup. wtf?!?

The manual setup and next buttons are grayed out.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok so now I do a factory reset and it still does not allow me to proceed past the name / password page in the email setup. wtf?!?

the only time i've ever seen the manual set up and next buttons greyed out is when it's not a fully qualified name. It has to be like... [email protected]

if you don't add the @something.com it will never allow you to go forward.
Not saying your not, just that is the only case i've ever seen it now allow you
to go forward.

JayMonster

Reaction score

the only time i've ever seen the manual set up and next buttons greyed out is when it's not a fully qualified name. It has to be like... [email protected]

if you don't add the @something.com it will never allow you to go forward.
Not saying your not, just that is the only case i've ever seen it now allow you
to go forward.

+1 I said that in my first reply but in case I didn't make it clear, New2U has spelled it out better... you can't just put in your "Exchange Name" it has to be the full e-mail address.