Exchange the phone or factory reset? Battery life troubles

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Guess I'm one of the lucky ones without a battery problem. Been using circle battery widget to easily see on the home screen the amount of battery left. I haven't changed any of the factory settings and I'm using the Rezound about the same amount that I've used my Droid2. WiFi at home, 4G when it can, and the battery life is equivalent to or better than the Droid2. Don't pay much mind on how quickly the reading drops from 100% to 90 or 85 in the morning, but where it is at night when I plug it back into the charger. It is somewhere between 50% and 30%, and during this first week of ownership, it has never dropped below 30%. Yes, I'd consider myself a "light" user, but comparing the battery life of the Rezound to my Droid2, I am pleasantly surprised.

cp24eva

Reaction score
Only time I have issues is when I am at work inside a heavily steel reinforced building. But I'm not too far away from a windows in some cases. Other than that I get decent battery life.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I think thats about normal considering its a HD screen. According to the VZW rep he claimed HTC has a battery life expectancy of 6 hours. I was getting 4 or less. My new phone just came in so wish me luck... And now there is a nationwide 4g glitch... :(

cp24eva

Reaction score
I think thats about normal considering its a HD screen. According to the VZW rep he claimed HTC has a battery life expectancy of 6 hours. I was getting 4 or less. My new phone just came in so wish me luck... And now there is a nationwide 4g glitch... :(

What? Nationwide 4G glitch? Fill me in.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
The Thunderbolt had horrendous battery life as well. It might not be the first thing you want to try, but you might want to root it (I don't know if this can be done on the Rezound yet) whenever you're able to, and install a custom kernel / rom if and when they're available. World of difference. Other than that, there's just everything you've already tried to eek a bit more out of it.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
New phone in hand... Heavy usage and it died in 4 hours. LOL. However I notice that it is charging at 2x the speed as my other phone and I think the battery will perk up a bit. I also notice it doesn't take an hour to go to 100% from 99% any more. I'm going on 2 hours on the charger and its almost fully charged, even with me on it almost the entire time. Before it took almost three, and that is with minimal use.

Sent from my Rezound using Droid Forums.