Exchange syncing - Work and non-work hours.

JordanCN

Reaction score
Just moved over from a Windows Mobile based phone. One of the things I like about the WM phone was that my Exchange email had an option for how I wanted to sync mail during work and no work hours. I could sync every 15 minutes during 8-7 M-F and manually off hours. This way my phone isn't buzzing at 3:00 AM to tell me I got some spam.

Does the Droid 2 have this ability to sync x number of minutes during my work hours and manually off hours? I can't seem to find the opiton.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm not sure whether it's available in Android, and if not, that would be an awesome app for developers.

pdoxsey

Reaction score
Just moved over from a Windows Mobile based phone. One of the things I like about the WM phone was that my Exchange email had an option for how I wanted to sync mail during work and no work hours. I could sync every 15 minutes during 8-7 M-F and manually off hours. This way my phone isn't buzzing at 3:00 AM to tell me I got some spam.

Does the Droid 2 have this ability to sync x number of minutes during my work hours and manually off hours? I can't seem to find the opiton.

In the battery settings (if it doesn't force close) you can adjust the sync times. Also if you have a dock or use a dock app to turn your phone into an alarm clock at night you can disable notifications when docked.

OP
J

JordanCN

Reaction score
OK, found it. I set the off peak times from 9:00 to 7:00 AM. Also, the "Turn Data off" settin is set to 15 minutes.

So this should mean at 9:00 the data turns off, however if I screw around with the phone at 11:00 the data stays on for another 15 minutes. Correct.

Also, does this affect phone calls and/or text messages. I still want to get those after hours. Just not email.