1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Exchange syncing - Work and non-work hours.

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by JordanCN, Nov 7, 2010.

1. JordanCN

JordanCN New Member

Just moved over from a Windows Mobile based phone. One of the things I like about the WM phone was that my Exchange email had an option for how I wanted to sync mail during work and no work hours. I could sync every 15 minutes during 8-7 M-F and manually off hours. This way my phone isn't buzzing at 3:00 AM to tell me I got some spam.

Does the Droid 2 have this ability to sync x number of minutes during my work hours and manually off hours? I can't seem to find the opiton.
  2. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Premium Member Premium Member

I'm not sure whether it's available in Android, and if not, that would be an awesome app for developers.
  3. pdoxsey

pdoxsey New Member

In the battery settings (if it doesn't force close) you can adjust the sync times. Also if you have a dock or use a dock app to turn your phone into an alarm clock at night you can disable notifications when docked.
  4. JordanCN

JordanCN New Member

OK, found it. I set the off peak times from 9:00 to 7:00 AM. Also, the "Turn Data off" settin is set to 15 minutes.

So this should mean at 9:00 the data turns off, however if I screw around with the phone at 11:00 the data stays on for another 15 minutes. Correct.

Also, does this affect phone calls and/or text messages. I still want to get those after hours. Just not email.
Search tags for this page

android email off hours

android exchange sync peak hour not working
corporate sync options android doesn't have peak times
disable email sync on non working hours
gmail android sync only during work hours
how to make email only sync during work hours droid
how to set off peak and peak time in android sync email sett
ios peak times active sync
nexus 4 off-peak exchange sync setting
off peak sync meaning
samsung centura