Exchange sync more than 30 days on android phone

kwiksilvr

Reaction score
My boss came to me today and told me he wanted all his mail to be accessable from his phone. I recently set up an exchange server for our mail and set him up with an android phone and he likes that he gets his mail there... However no he has that inch, he wants a mile... The most you can sync your phone with exchange is 30 days. He wants to have all his mail... about 2GB worth...

First does the corporate sync put the mail on your SD card? and second is there any aplication that will let me see all my folder sand mail thats in outlook thats synced with exchange?

Thanks...

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
He wants to have all his mail... about 2GB worth...
Make sure he's aware of the drawbacks. 2GB is a lot of data for an Android device and will likely cause performance issues as well as increase the chances of data corruption.

First does the corporate sync put the mail on your SD card?
Nope, by default your apps store cache and data in internal storage. It's possible but unlikely that your stock app will allow you to move data to the SD card. Keep in mind that the SD card isn't available immediately on startup or while mounted.

and second is there any aplication that will let me see all my folder sand mail thats in outlook thats synced with exchange?
Exchange clients will sync with the mailbox on the Exchange server -- not with Outlook. If Outlook is set up to keep everything in the Exchange mailbox then you should effectively get what you're asking for.

Touchdown will do this. I'm sure other Exchange clients will as well. RoadSync and Moxier are a couple of other popular options.

Last edited:

Wolfpacker98

Reaction score
sync exchange email for more than 30 days...?

I'm having the same issue on my Droid X except that I used to be able to sync more than 30 days worth with the stock email app. Before the GB update I installed 2 days ago I could download a years worth of exchange(corporate) email if I wanted. Now only 30 days. I would prefer not to have to buy Touchdown or some other program since it was just free before GB update. Was this a diliberate change in GB if anyone knows? Or is there a way to fix it, whether that be by rooting it or something else?

The funny thing is it also does it for my linked yahoo accounts(limits to 30 days). But when I go into my hotmail account under "other settings" I can also choose 2 months or never delete. Makes me think the yahoo and exchange limits to 30 days were an oversite in GB.

Please don't reply with "I only need 'x' number of days" as that is of no help to me. Some of us need more.

Thanks ahead of time.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's no "fixing" it. If your current Exchange client doesn't offer the feature(s) you need then you need to use another solution -- same as any other app.

Huerorubio

Reaction score
Exchange sync 30 day limit

My corporate email Exchange server is set to download all email, regardless of age. Nevertheless, the oldest setting in my Xoom is 30 days. Any suggestions?