Exchange setup: small hitch

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by sda, Aug 5, 2010.

1. sda

sda New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I hit a strange issue when trying to set up Exchange on my DX: my server name contains a special character (a colon). When I try entering all my credentials, the phone gives me a pop-up error "The server address should be correctly formatted". I know for certain that the error is due to the colon, since it goes ahead if I take it out; of course then it doesn't connect since my credentials are wrong.

I downloaded the trial version of Touchdown and was able to set it up without a hitch.

My question: is there any way to get Exchange setup to accept the special character, or I am stuck shelling out the $$ and getting Touchdown? Also, anyone know if these kind of issues are ironed out in Froyo?

2. aminaked

aminaked Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe K9 from the market. I don't know about the droid x, but the stock email client on the original droid should not be used by anyone due to some nasty bugs.

3. Stretch2m

Stretch2m Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What bugs? I've been using this email client for a while now and haven't noticed anything. Or are they bugs in the sense that the client isn't secure or something?

4. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7+ 256gb
    Touchdown is worth the $20....The developer is always on top of things.

5. aminaked

aminaked Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you search for mail at the android google code site you'll get 400 results, but here are my "favorite":

Issue 6616 - android - Issue with Email Application sending incorrect emails. - Project Hosting on Google Code

Issue 2630 - android - Email app uses base64 encoding for plain text messages - Project Hosting on Google Code

Issue 5378 - android - Email synchronization halts after given period of inactivity - Project Hosting on Google Code

Issue 3312 - android - Email app doesn't notify when new emails are received - Project Hosting on Google Code

The first issue is particularly nasty and although it only has 6 "votes" on the site, I've seen at least one other person on this forum mention having this problem with the stock app.

#5 aminaked, Aug 6, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  6. RW-1

RW-1 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Facinating, been using stock email since Nov on 5 domain IMAPS and can't say I'll ever put a pop3 ona mibile device, however have not had that occur with heavy usage thru the holidays ...

Search tags for this page

configure exchange account on droid razr x sda

corporate sync server address should be formatted
droid x2 email server format

https://outlook.office365.com/ews/exchange.asmx server addre

the server address should be correctly formatted droid 2