Exchange server sync

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by jglazer63, Jul 15, 2010.

1. jglazer63

jglazer63 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got a few emails about this and its been 12 hours and counting since I started playing and I finally got it resolved.

Its 10:21pm and I just resolved it although you might not like the solution....

I ended up having to install a cert, even an expired one, on the server. It won't get you syncing but it will get you past the setup screen. Once you do that, you can disable the cert on both the server and the phone (it lets you do it correctly in the account manager.... once the account is created of course). Then it syncs fine.

What a pain in the butt! I don't even really know my train of thought on doing this but it did work.

I think, perhaps, if there was some way to edit the phone data files and create the account by hand you can get past all that. I haven't looked into that yet but I know it’s a step in the right direction.

I'll contact motorola about my solution tomorrow...

Hope this helps!

2. rolandct

rolandct Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just curious because I wasn't sure, are you using SSL and it didn't like the cert or are you not using SSL?

On an unrelated note I connected to Exchange 2007 with no problems.

3. JeepJockey

JeepJockey New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Connected mine to Exchange 2007 and it accepted the security policies unlike the Droid. It made me create a PIN as soon as I pressed next after entering the credentials. One note, my Data Push under Email Settings was turned off by default so it was running on a fetch schedule. Once I check the Data Push box it worked realtime correctly.

4. Warner

Warner Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, me too. Good point....

Warner

5. jglazer63

jglazer63 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was trying to configure without SSL on a 2003 server.

6. jimmoff

jimmoff New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone tried this App to called Exchange by Touchdown? My just wondering if this resolves all the issues. I know you get get the app from Marketplace and they encourage you to take the 30 day trial before buying(I think it's $19 or $20.

7. jglazer63

jglazer63 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yes and for me it didn't. The corporate sync should work and it is included. I've had motorolla confirm my solution and they are trying to get a fix in place.

8. tk-093

tk-093 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just got my DroidX this morning and it sync'd right up to our Exchange 2003 SP2 environment. We are running with a standard Verisign SSL certificate and I am enforcing a 4 digit PIN and that worked just fine as well. (The original droid had crappy exchange policy support)

As I type this my X is rebooting because I remote wiped it with Exchange. Sweetness.. I did not expect that to work. Moto has come a long way from their original attempt at Exchange.

9. tk-093

tk-093 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There are a few things that are nice about Touchdown. For starters, if you are running Exchange 2007 or 2010 and require the data at rest encryption policy, Touchdown will handle that policy. Before devices like the Incred and DroidX came out, you couldn't even lock the device down with a PIN without using a product like Touchdown. That is slowly changing.

The 2nd thing is nice depending on who you talk too. Because it is a 3rd party app, when you do a remote wipe, the remote wipe just nukes Touchdown. So it will leave the rest of the device intact.

If it is a corporate owned device you might not like that and would rather the entire phone be wiped. However if you are a company that allows uses to sync their personal device, maybe you only care about removing the corporate data, so this would leave music/apps/etc/personal email all intact.

10. Bitfarmer

Bitfarmer New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    2003 Exchange with No SSL, can't connect. Worked fine on my Incredible and 3 other Droids. My Home server with 2007 and self signed cert worked right off the bat.

11. Taurus

Taurus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL, i read this post and just had to chuckle. Who runs an Exchange server without some sort of SSL even a self signed cert. and coming from an experienced network engineers :icon_eek:, LOL . sorry... could not resist, don't flame up :)

12. briguy81

briguy81 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Also in the same boat with an X not connecting but I'm using Exchange 2010. I tried touchdown also and it did not work. I've got about 8 years experience and been working with a guy who has 12+ and we're at a loss....... Hours lost on this and I'm about to go back to berry land.

Search tags for this page
android sync unknown error on exchange server

android unknown error on exchange server

droid won't sink with exchange server
exchange activesync allow non provisionable devices samsung
htc rezound microsoft exchange
provisioning error for droid x
the server responded with an error adding droid to exchange
the server responded with an error droid
unknown error on exchange server

unknown error on exchange server android