Exchange server sync

OP
J

jglazer63

Reaction score
I was trying to configure without SSL on a 2003 server.

jimmoff

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this App to called Exchange by Touchdown? My just wondering if this resolves all the issues. I know you get get the app from Marketplace and they encourage you to take the 30 day trial before buying(I think it's $19 or $20.

OP
J

jglazer63

Reaction score
yes and for me it didn't. The corporate sync should work and it is included. I've had motorolla confirm my solution and they are trying to get a fix in place.

tk-093

Reaction score
Just got my DroidX this morning and it sync'd right up to our Exchange 2003 SP2 environment. We are running with a standard Verisign SSL certificate and I am enforcing a 4 digit PIN and that worked just fine as well. (The original droid had crappy exchange policy support)

As I type this my X is rebooting because I remote wiped it with Exchange. Sweetness.. I did not expect that to work. Moto has come a long way from their original attempt at Exchange.

tk-093

Reaction score
There are a few things that are nice about Touchdown. For starters, if you are running Exchange 2007 or 2010 and require the data at rest encryption policy, Touchdown will handle that policy. Before devices like the Incred and DroidX came out, you couldn't even lock the device down with a PIN without using a product like Touchdown. That is slowly changing.

The 2nd thing is nice depending on who you talk too. Because it is a 3rd party app, when you do a remote wipe, the remote wipe just nukes Touchdown. So it will leave the rest of the device intact.

If it is a corporate owned device you might not like that and would rather the entire phone be wiped. However if you are a company that allows uses to sync their personal device, maybe you only care about removing the corporate data, so this would leave music/apps/etc/personal email all intact.

Has anyone tried this App to called Exchange by Touchdown? My just wondering if this resolves all the issues. I know you get get the app from Marketplace and they encourage you to take the 30 day trial before buying(I think it's $19 or $20.

Bitfarmer

Reaction score
2003 Exchange with No SSL, can't connect. Worked fine on my Incredible and 3 other Droids. My Home server with 2007 and self signed cert worked right off the bat.

Taurus

Reaction score
LOL, i read this post and just had to chuckle. Who runs an Exchange server without some sort of SSL even a self signed cert. and coming from an experienced network engineers :icon_eek:, LOL . sorry... could not resist, don't flame up :)

briguy81

Reaction score
Also in the same boat with an X not connecting but I'm using Exchange 2010. I tried touchdown also and it did not work. I've got about 8 years experience and been working with a guy who has 12+ and we're at a loss....... Hours lost on this and I'm about to go back to berry land.

briguy81

Reaction score
Fixed for me

This fixed it for me:

Set my Exchange ActiveSync mailbox policy to default in Exchange.

Also tried disabling cert, that didn't help.

Setup droid mailbox policy and set non-provisionable device allowed to True, Device Password Required to True, and Default to False but in the end we ruled that out as the solution.

Hope this helps someone else.

added:
Running System Version: 1.13.516.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Firmware Version: 2.1-update1
Kernel Version: 2.6.29
w30471@il93lnxdroid08 #1

Last edited:

Smackbox.org

Reaction score
The latest update did not fix a thing. I still can not connect to exchange 2003 server. I can access it fine on my Droid but not the DroidX!

Reaction score
This fixed it for me:

Set my Exchange ActiveSync mailbox policy to default in Exchange.

Also tried disabling cert, that didn't help.

Setup droid mailbox policy and set non-provisionable device allowed to True, Device Password Required to True, and Default to False but in the end we ruled that out as the solution.

Hope this helps someone else.

added:
Running System Version: 1.13.516.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Firmware Version: 2.1-update1
Kernel Version: 2.6.29
w30471@il93lnxdroid08 #1

I have to say that this seems like the answer to the original issue. I had a Droid X Demo phone a week and a half ago and had ActiveSync issues and this was one of the steps Motorola support pointed me towards. I wish I still had the link to the "How To" as it had screenshots for Exchange 2003 and 2007 on it...

Also, for those that are coming from Blackberries (as I did), you are going to want to spend the $20 on Touchdown. No ActiveSync phone will do what a Blackberry does for you in regards to Exchange mailboxes... I installed Touchdown and paid for it so that I could choose what folders to Sync (had some nested ones that I wanted), not to mention, the Droid X Email doesn't allow you to search your Exchange mailbox nor a lot of other Blackberry-type of features.

Ed Gooding

Reaction score
Misery loves company

Got my Droid X a couple days ago. Everything else is working fine, including two POP email accounts. I cannot connect to Exchange Server 2003, either. I'm a long-time IT pro and I've spent a couple hours trying different things, but no cigar. At least I can see others have the same issue, so it's not me. Will be interested to see if anyone has a work-around until Motorola provides a patch or a solution.

Thanks.............Ed

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I would leave the stock app alone and give Touchdown a try....