Exchange Server Corporate Email Won't Set Up on Razr M

Droidstein

Reaction score

5 people in my IT dept cannot figure out why exchange server email setup is not working on my new Razr m (4.1.1). Settings have been triple checked and I still get "can't connect to server" error message. Other employee's Razr HD works fine, same settings as I am trying to use. gmail works fine. Love this phone—battery life is amazing, screen sharp as get-out and small size is perfect for me. But if I can't get work emails to load, it's going back to the store. ugh.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Try using a 3rd party app like MailDroid or K9. I have had problems getting my business email to connect and have not had a problem since switching to MailDroid.

OP
D

Droidstein

Reaction score
Fix Found

The default port when setting up exchange server email was 443. I Googled this problem and found that some people were having success changing the port number to 80. Tried that and it worked like a charm. IT dept apparently hasn't yet heard of Google...unbelievable.

Hope this helps.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I know you already got the stock APP fixed but if you find it does not meet your needs I would recommend trying Touchdown. I have it setup for my personal work email and out technical support box and it manages both extremely well.

The paid APP is 20 bucks but well worth it if you find the default one lacking.

Iacovos

Reaction score
The default port when setting up exchange server email was 443. I Googled this problem and found that some people were having success changing the port number to 80. Tried that and it worked like a charm. IT dept apparently hasn't yet heard of Google...unbelievable.

Hope this helps.

Confirm - changing port from 443 to 80 did the trick for me! Thank you so much for this.