Exchange Server Connection Issue

stads_md

Reaction score
My colleague and I both received and proceeded to set up our Droids on Monday. We are on the same server. However, I was able to get the native Exchange e-mail program to work, and he was not.

He was able to sync his calendar and even his folder tree, but he has not been able to get any actual emails to appear. Instead, he gets the message "Unable to open link to server."

A few notes:

1. We've sat the phones side by side, and they are set up in exactly the same way.

2. The server is being run out of another office, so I cannot confirm with my own eyes that our security protocols are identical. But I have confidence that our admin has done so.

3. We originally had to use SSL and Accept All SSL..., but our admin has since exempted us from security protocol. So, we are both now running without SSL (which allows for e-mail attachments to be opened). My phone had no trouble under this regime either.

4. He's waiting on a call back from L3 VZ tech support.

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts, suggestions, etc.

s.

Tekmazter

Reaction score
This sounds more user account specific than server related. Since you have one user who can successfully connect, I would start looking at the user account first. I have heard of the issue where only the calendar will sync. Not sure if this is slated for the Dec 11th OTA update or not. If it were, it would be more DROID software related than anything you will be able to fix until then.

As for running without SSL, you're not running without SSL unless your server is listening for http. All unchecking the trust all SSL certificates does is force your exchange server to use a known 3rd party certificate authority. Self-signed certificates will no longer work.

Ensure your user accounts are identical in that all protocols for OMA are enabled such as Outlook Mobile Access, User Initiated Synchronization, and Up-to-date Notifications