Exchange sent mail not auto syncing

inetworks

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a client who just switched to the Droid X. We're syncing with Exchange 2003 and are using the native app that comes with the droid. We've been able to work through most issues to this point (it was both of our first experiences with the droid and mine with Active Sync).

One area I'm still having trouble with is the Droid X will not sync sent mail instantaneously as it does with the inbox. The user has to go into the sent mail folder and only then does it retrieve all of the mail that has been sent since the last visit to that folder.

Again, mail coming into the inbox, no problems, syncs instantaneously. But mail sent from Outlook does not do so instantly to the sent mail folder of the phone. Am I missing a simple setting? Something further?

Just a side note I have push enabled and fetch set to manual. I'm not exactly 100% on how those features work, but is it the fetch setting that's causing this?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

BigDaddyNYY

Reaction score
I do not believe that the subfolders in exchange will sync automatically with the stock app, at least I have not been able to get mine to (though I haven't really tried). I would look into either using Touchdown or K-9 as I believe those are the two apps that are mentioned the most when trying to resolve these issues. One thing to consider with the folders is what you have your retention period set to, I only keep the past weeks emails on my droid, but all of the subfolders follow this schedule as well.

As far as your question regarding the fetch schedule, that is for email accounts that do not allow push (i.e. hotmail, comcast, etc.)