Exchange Security Policies & BB.4

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by RRasmussen, Aug 3, 2010.

1. RRasmussen

RRasmussen New Member

Our company exchange server just updated to allow for the newly updated froyo devices to sync email/calendar - just when I've fallen in love with BB. Until this point, I felt that I was doomed to sync my exchange account to a dummy gmail account, then pipe it back into my Droid. It's a mess, but I capture 90% of my emails.

Now, I'm faced with the decision whether to wipe to factory and lose my root for the promise of a synced calendar and email.

Anyone aware of workarounds or mods that could provide the exchange server security policy functionality of the official Froyo for my current BB.4 on a Droid?
  2. Canefan

Canefan New Member

I don't think I understand your question. You do realize that BB is a Froyo ROM right? I have BB 0.4 and have been syncing calendar and Email flawlessly from my work Exchange server. The built in Exchange support is completely revamped and improved in Froyo (versus 2.1) and it works quite well. The nice thing is that Corporate Calendar is now gone and my Exchange Calendar items appear on my Calendar along with my personal (Gmail) calendar items. The official Froyo release will not have any expanded Exchange functionality over what you already have with BB 0.4
  3. RRasmussen

RRasmussen New Member

Thanks Canefan. I didn't realize BB had the same remote wipe and extended exchange server security components as the official release.

(Our server setting require things like pins, and remote wipes)
  4. rweddy1

rweddy1 New Member

Yes they work perfectly, only issue I have is with pin bypass. On BBv0.3 I can use app to bypass required pin but in 0.4 I cannot bypass it. I would love to find a fix for this but I have been using corp email since v0.1 with no issues at all.
Search tags for this page

android ignore security policy

exchange bypass security blackberry

remote security controls exchange 2010 for droid