1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Exchange Outlook Subfolder Question

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by melrosemark, Jul 19, 2010.

1. melrosemark

melrosemark New Member

Trying to get up to speed on my new phone. I had help setting up my email app to my Exchange email account today, and it seems to sync just fine with my messages. The problem is that I have dozens of subfolders in my Outlook to help separate and save various emails from various projects. Many incoming emails are moved to various subfolders automatically with "Rules" for me to read later based upon priority.

As far as I can tell the Droid only provides an alphabetical listing of all these subfolders which is difficult to manage. So if I want to jump to a folder starting with the letter "V" it's a lot of scrolling down each time I want to view the contents of that subfolder. Any suggestions? Thanks.
  2. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

is it an Exchange server account? if so, i use Touchdown. i have LOTS of subfolders, and the stock email on my D1 was cumbersome to use, as well. i bought Touchdown ($20, but well worth it!!) and found that the organization of subfolders was much better! i highly recommend it. you can download a free app for a 7 day trial just to check it out and decide if you want to buy it...

for example, you can choose which subfolders you want it to sync. so, if a project is dormant for a while, and you aren't actively using it, you can choose not to sync it. also, when you tap it to switch to a subfolder, you can either scroll through the folders or you can tap "recent", and it will only show you the folders you have been using recently. this cuts down on scrolling through all the folders.

also, unlike the stock Droid email (at least on the D1), TD allows you to attach a signature line to outgoing emails. it also has a calendar and contacts folder built in, separate from the Droid contacts and corporate calendar. they work pretty well, altho i still like the Droid contacts better...
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  3. melrosemark

melrosemark New Member

Thanks

I appreciate the suggestion. Any other solutions out there?
  4. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Moxier, RoadSync, HTC Work Email. I can't recall which ones offer the ability to choose subfolders to sync though.
Search tags for this page
+android contacts sub folder
android app subfolder tag
android contact subfolders
android email app to read subfolders
android outlook folder
can you access folders in outlook on an android phone

contact subfolder download to android phone

droid program that splits out subfolders
galaxy s3 exchange contact subfolder
outlook 2010 ost subfolder sync
outlook contacts subfolders do not show on android