Exchange on 2.2 (Yet Again)...

jrredho

Reaction score
Hey All,

I've searched through the various threads where this is discussed, and I have to confess that I feel like I'm on a different planet or something because it's like I have a different phone/os combo or something. Let me explain...

I'd like to sync my outlook/exchange-based work calendar and email on my Droid 1. The phone is now running the latest ota os update, which I manually updated to last week. It is, of course, unrooted.

Anyway, I tried adding the work account using menu>settings>accounts & sync>Add Corporate Account button, get prompted just like always since version 2.0.1, and with the same results: connection failed.

Now I've been reading that folks can try to add accounts using the stock Gmail or Calendar apps, and that they even have access to detailed Exchange security settings and debugging info, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how. If I go to Calendar, there isn't a menu setting that I can find where one can add any new accounts, and if I try in Gmail the add account menu setting prompts me only for another Google email account.

I have to confess that I never contribute anything around here, but I'd really appreciate a pointer to where the nitty-gritty details of all of this can be found.

Thanks!

cheers,
john