Exchange issues w/ dx???

ovrclock

Reaction score
So I'm looking into buying a Droid X. The device is just plain sexy, and I need to depend on Verizon's network as I travel a lot in some pretty rural areas. I was just wondering if there were any outstanding issues syncing with an Exchange server. I thought I remember seeing something in the 2.2 thread, but I have searched and couldn't find anything describing the possible issue or fixes.

I have used Android, but never with an Exchange account.

Thanks always in advance!

taylormia

Reaction score
I switched from an iPhone 3G to the DX on 2.2 with Exchange sync. Have had no problems. Contacts, calendar and email sync perfectly...Android 2.2 enforces the Exchange security PIN on the lock screen if your admin has enabled this option.

JohnSFromMD

Reaction score
Ovrclock, I am only in my second day with my Droid X, but so far all I can do with my DX is to receive mail. I believe the key to whether you get all functionality (sync of calendar and contacts as well as email) is dependent on the security settings of your company's Exchange server. However, I haven't confirmed that yet.

In case it wasn't clear from the above, note that I have NOT successfully SENT any email yet! From all appearances, the email gets sent, but in fact the recipient never receives it, and the email never goes in your Sent mail folder. Trying to be patient - I believe that it will be resolved, considering that others (like taylormia) are having no problems.

Technoman

Reaction score
Mine is working great using our OWA server instead of the actual exchange server.

If you have OWA, you might give that a shot.

OP
O

ovrclock

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. It seems like its basically up to what type of security or connections our Exchange server supports. I have an email out to our IT department so hopefully I'll know this week.

Thanks again everybody!!!