Exchange in 2.2

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by cavillis, Jun 14, 2010.

1. cavillis

cavillis New Member

I was extremely excited for android 2.2, as it implemented the policies my work requires for EAS. Here they are laid out straight from our internal website:

Unfortunately, whenever I try to setup my exchange account it get an error message saying "This phone does not have the security protocols required" - I never had a problem setting this up on my iPhone. Can anyone verify that all the protocols google claimed for 2.2 are working on BB?
  2. cavillis

cavillis New Member

bump of desperation!
  3. Redflea

Redflea New Member

I haven't seen anything about local wipe on 2.2...are you sure 2.2 supports that feature? That could be your gap....have you tried entering in the wrong PIN 10 times (make a nandroid first) to see what happens?
  4. Redflea

Redflea New Member

One other (unlikely) suggestion...my company has a sync server that I've been able to use w/out having to deal w/the policy issues. it's name is sync.<company domain name>.com.

I use that to set up my exchange account and never have any issues...worth a shot in the dark if this type of server configuration is common...my Blackberry I had before my Droid had automatic setup of email accounts (BIS, not BES) and it used the sync.<company domain>.com server as well...
  5. cavillis

cavillis New Member

i tried but there is no sync.***.com - thanks for the suggestion though
  6. cavillis

cavillis New Member

this looks to be the correct problem - no wipe happened after 15+ invalid pins.

Is there a way to request features from pete?
    This is a very simple protocol to implement, wipe user data on 10 failed attempts. Optional (default off) unless you have synced an account that requires it.
  7. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Earlier this week, I switched to Pete's BB v01. I use and Exchange account and was able to re-add without any issues. It may be worth your time to contact your IT folks and ask them about the SSL and other settings.

Mike
  8. lumpysherman

lumpysherman New Member

I'm on 2.2 and am using RoadSync for my exchange account. Touchdown may work also but it's twice as much as RoadSYnc but also more robust.
  9. cavillis

cavillis New Member

Bumping, hoping Pete will read this thread - really want a way to at least tell the server this protocol is supported by my phone
  10. lokiju

lokiju New Member

I don't know if you ever got around this but one things worth trying is to see if your Exchange admin can clear out all the associated mobile devices from your mailbox and then have you try again.

Also have your Exchange admin check and see if the "Allow non-provisionable Devices" is checked off, though if it wasn't iPhones shouldn't work also.
  11. cavillis

cavillis New Member

tried these with no change to the error -- i'm glad someone still took an interest though :)

still dying over here to get corporate email on my droid :(
  12. droiddadi

droiddadi New Member

It works perfectly for me. After unlocking I have to enter my PIN to access phone .