Exception Processing Message

Agrajag

Reaction score
Every time I plug my Droid into my multimedia docking station XP gives me a message saying "Exception Processing Message" and then a memory location.

Searching the web didn't help as any solution they mentioned didn't fix this.

The crux seems to be that other devices cause this that have flash drives on them though with the default being disabled here I can't see why this is an issue. Plus I seem to be the only one this is happening to which is concerning.

Any ideas?

Vitticeps

Reaction score
I've seen this on another computer although it had nothing to do with a phone. It would give such an error anytime ANY usb device was plugged in. The things that were already plugged in were fine but if you added anything new it would give the error.

It wasn't my computer, it was a buddy's, so I'm not entirely sure what he did to correct it but I think it required reinstalling the usb bus drivers on that computer. Another good place to start is to fire up msconfig (start>run>msconfig) and go to the startup tab and disable everything but whatever you absolutely must have at startup and see if that corrects it. Then start adding them back one at a time until the problem resurfaces. It could be a rogue/corrupt background service monitoring the usb ports that's acting up.

If nothing else you'll probably speed up your computer a bit by eliminating some of the unnecessary stuff.

Alfador

Reaction score
I hate reviving old threads, but I thought it a good idea to point out that I get this too, only when plugging in my droid, and I get it on more than one computer. I agree that it might have something to do with the droid being registered as a storage device by the computer but not being readable at plugin.

Replicated it on XP and Vista, and it doesn't seem to impede functioning in any way.