Ex nexus owner....issues/problems

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Hello

So i recently acquired my S3, i used to have a nexus. I owned that for 13 months.

OK so here are the issues.

ALOT of FC's even after fixing permission.

Boot loops

Freezes on lock screen on boot up

Voltages not sticking

Frequencies not sticking

Ok....so with my nexus. i never had these problems. maybe a random FC once every week or 2. Never had a boot loop. never had a freeze.

So im running synergy/clean rom(only TW). Havent tried an Aosp rom yet.

Ive only use touch wiz rom due to me wanting a stable phone. i dont feel like messing with betas or anything.

Is this a normal thing with the S3 and roms?

I even tried a stock rooted rom and i still had problems.

Any advice? Im just not used to these problems....

Battery life is great though! LOL

When its up and running its pretty dam unstoppable.

Anything helps

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Re you running stock or a rom. I had f/cs only when i ran a rom and didnt wipe correctly. I am using a note 2 but they are very similar.

OP
combatmedic870

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Re you running stock or a rom. I had f/cs only when i ran a rom and didnt wipe correctly. I am using a note 2 but they are very similar.

Im running a Rom, synergy right now. I always wipe with every rom, even rom updates that dont need wipes i wipe(though i dont update all that much, so thats why i always wipe).

I do a full factory reset, wipe cache, wipe system, wipe dalvik. Every time.

I just dont get it.....hence why im on here asking. I didnt know if the roms just arent stable like the nexus or what. I didnt know if it was just something i needed to get used to. i dont remember how the phones were before me nexus. :(

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have not ran synergy so can not truly answer. I suggest going to the thread you downloaded synergy from and read up to see if other users are having similar issues.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Im personally running stock rooted. I just like stock plus I have my nexus still to play with roms if need be.

OP
combatmedic870

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Im personally running stock rooted. I just like stock plus I have my nexus still to play with roms if need be.

Alright well im going to try another DL and do another full wipe and see what happens. i just wanted to make sure this was not the norm. i was beginning to have regrets about getting the S3 due to the Fc's all the time.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i have th note 2 and I love this phone. Only diff between n2 and s3 mainly is the size.

OP
combatmedic870

combatmedic870

Reaction score
i have th note 2 and I love this phone. Only diff between n2 and s3 mainly is the size.

And the pen!!!!I would love to have the note 2, my upgrade is in may, i just dont know if it will be worth getting in may and having for 2 years. I dont know if it would be worth waiting for the note 3...IF verizon even gets it.... Also...if the note 3 goes to 5.8...i dont think i would get it anyways. so many unknowns!! ahh

Last edited:

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Well I'd flash back to stock and use it like that for a week, see if the issues continue. The S3 seems to have a knack for "settling in" to problems. They seem to fix themselves over a few days time. If it still persists, then it's the phone itself, and you'll probably need a replacement.