Ex Launcher or Stock Launcher

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Stock... i got launcher pro plus but kinda like her stock..

Reckon I out grew all the customizing. ;)

-----posted MAXX'ed out-----

ambrown

Reaction score
"Favorite Contacts" widget. Guess it is a part of blur. I have no clue, but for the day and a half I was on the stock laucher I really liked it. I tired to load it on the two other launchers. It will take up space and you have to delete it, but you can't see it.

Yeah, when you use a custom launcher it unfortunately doesn't let you load some of the blur widgets you like. I had the same problem with Sense UI when I changed to Go Launcher, I couldn't use any of my favorite Sense widgets. But my disappointment was short lived when I found acceptable replacements on the market.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

ambrown

Reaction score
I haven't had much time to play with Go yet. I will have to check it out. I just found you can do 9 home pages and I could get used to having more. I couldn't stand the stock one so I just worked on getting ADW in working form ASAP to get of the stock one. I can live with it now, so it must be time to check out go. First thing is to check out that favorites widget and then look for a way to make the grid tighter.

You can actually add more than just 9 home pages, you can have 20, or more, if you really wanted :D
But funny thing is I had 7 home pages with Sense and found I actually prefer 5 home pages. But I like having the option to add more if I need to.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

Crf450r420

Reaction score
Stock... i got launcher pro plus but kinda like her stock..

Reckon I out grew all the customizing. ;)

-----posted MAXX'ed out-----

Funny I out grew posting my life away on a forum. :D j/k

I don't post much though because I usually get on here to learn what I need to do when I want to do something. I like all the screens to organize. Like a screen with games and other time killers for trips or just to keep me sane. Another for my personally to do stuff. Then one setup for each business. A social page for staying in touch with friends in case I get some free time. An audio page for noise while working or working out. Then my home screen with the basic things I need and hopefully some what clean so I can see my background. Off to work.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
GoLauncher is better than every Vendor UI I have seen so far. Even sense.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Yeah, when you use a custom launcher it unfortunately doesn't let you load some of the blur widgets you like. I had the same problem with Sense UI when I changed to Go Launcher, I couldn't use any of my favorite Sense widgets. But my disappointment was short lived when I found acceptable replacements on the market.
I have found Android Pro Widgets to be excellent. I actually prefer them to Sense. And to the native GoLauncher widgets as well.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rdr.widgets.core

They're free.

metalhead

Reaction score
I`m interested in trying a custom launcher to gain more than 5 home pages but a little apprehensive since I`ve never tried anything like this before. I see most everyone likes Go Launcher. Are any of the changes permanent? Any chance of screwing up your phone and not being able to back out of it? Do you have to find replacement widgets for all the stock ones?

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I`m interested in trying a custom launcher to gain more than 5 home pages but a little apprehensive since I`ve never tried anything like this before. I see most everyone likes Go Launcher. Are any of the changes permanent? Any chance of screwing up your phone and not being able to back out of it?
No.

Worst case scenario, you just uninstall the launcher and revert back to whatever your default launcher is. Thats as bad as it can possibly get. Every launcher is completely separate from every other launcher. This can be annoying because it means you have to re-setup you screens for all of them, but it also means that screwing up one will have no effect on the others.

Widgets are handled just like icons. So are the number of screens. Each launcher remembers only it's own configuration...as far as it is concerned, you have no other launchers. If I uninstalled GoLauncher, my phone would revert back to my Sense screens, exactly as I left them (which in my case is stock).

metalhead

Reaction score
Cool! Sounds like I should try it and not worry about if I want to go back to stock. Got any install tips for a newbie?

doggy2965

Reaction score
Load on home switcher and you can go back and forth from stock to go to compare

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I have had mixed results with Home switcher. It does not always work right.