Evolution Explained

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Apollo, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Apollo

Apollo New Member

My hope is that this thread will serve as a reference to everyone having problems figuring out Evolution. So, anyhow:

Wtf is Evolution?
    Clearly, this thread is not for you. But even you, my friend, do not leave this thread empty handed:

ev·o·lu·tion ([​IMG]v[​IMG][​IMG]-l[​IMG][​IMG]sh[​IMG]n, [​IMG][​IMG]v[​IMG]-)n.1. A gradual process in which something changes into a different and usually more complex or better form. See Synonyms at development.
    2. a. The process of developing.
    b. Gradual development.

3. Biology a. Change in the genetic composition of a population during successive generations, as a result of natural selection acting on the genetic variation among individuals, and resulting in the development of new species.
    b. The historical development of a related group of organisms; phylogeny.

4. A movement that is part of a set of ordered movements.
    5. Mathematics The extraction of a root of a quantity.

==============================================

The evolution dock .zip file only contains images.

Solution:
    1. Extract Evolution_Dock.zip to a folder on your SD card.
    2. Download LauncherPro from the market.
    3. Set LP as default launcher.
    4. From the homescreen, press the menu button.
    5. Go to Appearance Settings>Dock background>Custom
    6. Select the Evolution_Dock.jpg image.

To unzip the file:
    1. If you don't have it already, download ASTRO File Manager from the Market.
    2. Open ASTRO and navigate to the file.
    3. Press and hold the file until File Options menu appears.
    4. Extract.
    5. Success.

LauncherPro Icons:

1. Press and hold the phone icon.
    2. Change Shortcut
    3. Applications
    4. Phone
    5. Custom Icon
    6. Navigate To Extracted Images
    7. Select Image

* Repeat steps for all icons.

HTC Keyboard installation:

*After installing HTC_IME_themed_by_gIMpSTa.apk*
    1. Navigate to Settings>Language & Keyboard
    2. Uncheck Android Keyboard
    3. Check HTC_IME mod.

And finally, for your viewing pleasure, a very relevant video..
  2. gonrada

gonrada New Member

Thumbs Up for the Post full of knowledge.
    Thumbs Up x 2 for the relevant video and me not knowing my volume was on high.
  3. Apollo

Apollo New Member

Sounds like success to me..
  4. B3y0ndD34th

B3y0ndD34th New Member

LOL I wish I could hug you if it wouldn't feel so gay... This thread is EPIC, but it addresses a very common problem with this forum, the fact that people refuse to read and learn on their own, they would much rather complain about a problem as have 25 other people and wait for someone to repost the same steps 3 pages earlier. While I like the way you have gathered this information and shared it with the community we need to start pressing the "Search button" issue rather than handing information over that's already been iterated.

Reading back through the Bugless Evolution thread i see that Apollo has shared many fixes with those having issues with getting Bugless Evolution squared away but 80% of the problem is that they didn't read the pages before they decided to make another post on the same issue :/

I'm bitter take it or leave it but as a community we need to start thinking and working to solve issues rather than complicating them further...

Also don't forget there's other roms that are being developed and objects being ported from one rom to another and the issues may already have been resolved in another forum that's not quite the BB "home".

Sorry I just needed to get some rage out there. Again awesome thread I think you put it together really nicely!!! :D
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  5. Benny879

Benny879 New Member

This is too awesome....I had no idea this theme would explode to these heights when I ported it....lol
  6. Apollo

Apollo New Member

I agree man, more people should definitely use the search button. You know what else really grinds my gears? Stuff like this:

[​IMG] [​IMG] I WANT BB v0.5 ALREADY!

..Gets old, fast.. No offense to anybody, but damn..
  7. dbutters

dbutters New Member

8. Apollo

Apollo New Member

You know what Benny? A major part of this theme's success is the fact that you stay involved. You pay attention to the feedback and update regularly.

You Sir, are awesome.
  9. Benny879

Benny879 New Member

I appreciate the kind words...my problem is that I'm running out of things to update...haha. I do have a few things in mind however. Looking forward to BB v.5 also so I can start work on that as well as long as my wife doesn't throw my phone out the window
  10. B3y0ndD34th

B3y0ndD34th New Member

AHH WIFE AGRO lol, I know what you mean I aimed to get into development of apps for my droid see what people what and give them what they need, I'm still in the process of learning Dalvik but it's kinda hard to do with family agro all over the place :/

And you're right Apollo that grinds my gears too as if ONE topic isn't enough I think there's 4 floating around in the BB forums asking for ETA and that they want the ROM already... Wish people would try making their own rom so they will know the blood sweat and tears involved, maybe they'd give Bugless Pete some space XD
  11. kdmhongshi

kdmhongshi New Member

Thanks Apollo for the time and effort you put into making this. I often get frustrated when these issues are brought up, since it's self explanatory from the original "Evolution Theme" thread.

Kudos to you, sir.
  12. Apollo

Apollo New Member

No problem, just be careful.. It's just a matter of time before your wife swaps your Droid with a 90's model Nokia.. Hopefully your transition will not be sexless.

And thank you, Sir. I'm just glad there's a few people out there who appreciate this. It's definitely frustrating trying to answer the same questions over and over again. I decided it was a better decision to make something like this to refer people to, instead of raging and risking possible temp ban.
Search tags for this page

simplified page on evolution