Evo got an update to help battery, will this phone?

tnhockey

Reaction score
for anyone who cares, i force stopped the htc facebook app and since then my battery life has been a lot better. it was absolutely pathetic before that.

OP
Aluminum21

Aluminum21

Reaction score
FYI, apparently EVO is seeing huge improvments in battery life

seriously, **** HTC and Verizon

Darkseider

Reaction score
LOL. People are still complaining about battery life on the EVO and the Incredible? Battery on both is fine and also depends on usage and what battery saving tips you decide on using. I have friends and relatives with the Incredible and EVO and after walking them through some basic battery saving stuff they go all day without an issue. Now if you are on the thing for 30 to 40 minute clips, surfing the web, streaming and playing games well then yeah your battery will get juiced in a few hours. Same can be said of my Droid. I go all day from 7am to 8pm and have between 30% - 40% battery left. Moderate usage. The second I start hitting it hard and stream video, browse non stop for 30+ minutes I can actually watch the battery gauge drop. These are no longer traditional phones and people buy them thinking "ooh look huge screen! let me watch a movie, talk to my friends for an hour and then browse the web for an hour or so" and then wonder why their phone's battery is draining so quickly. It still just amazes me.

OP
Aluminum21

Aluminum21

Reaction score
LOL. People are still complaining about battery life on the EVO and the Incredible? Battery on both is fine and also depends on usage and what battery saving tips you decide on using. I have friends and relatives with the Incredible and EVO and after walking them through some basic battery saving stuff they go all day without an issue. Now if you are on the thing for 30 to 40 minute clips, surfing the web, streaming and playing games well then yeah your battery will get juiced in a few hours. Same can be said of my Droid. I go all day from 7am to 8pm and have between 30% - 40% battery left. Moderate usage. The second I start hitting it hard and stream video, browse non stop for 30+ minutes I can actually watch the battery gauge drop. These are no longer traditional phones and people buy them thinking "ooh look huge screen! let me watch a movie, talk to my friends for an hour and then browse the web for an hour or so" and then wonder why their phone's battery is draining so quickly. It still just amazes me.

I guess you either didn't read a single post in this thread or you can't comprehend basic english

this thread is about the fact that the EVO already got an update to help the battery life and it helped it out tremendously, but nothing has been done to help the Incredible

Darkseider

Reaction score

I guess you either didn't read a single post in this thread or you can't comprehend basic english

this thread is about the fact that the EVO already got an update to help the battery life and it helped it out tremendously, but nothing has been done to help the Incredible

No I read through it and understood perfectly. You're upset that the Incredible didn't get a fix for phantom battery issues. I am also willing to bet that the better battery life that the folks with the EVO are experiencing due to this update may be minimal at best but because it was stated many are experiencing a placebo effect.

lizm

Reaction score
That's why I also bought 2 extra 1500mAh batteries and charger (total of $12.) off ebay to keep me juiced up all the time.

I did that too. Also turn off gps, wifi etc when I'm not using them. And I have a USB car charger, a desk charger and one by my bed :)

madatrub

Reaction score
FWIW, I noticed my Droid Incredible force rebooted the other day (maybe an update?) and ever since then my battery life has gone from 15-18 hrs between charges to now being at 24 hrs since the last charge with 70% battery life left.

Maybe Droid HTC updated?

theblackabbot

Reaction score
Check your firmware version and see if it is above 2.1

I just checked my Incredible (I did notice it rebooted one me last week) and it says firmware version 2.1-update 1.

Does that mean anything to you guys?

2010 ZR1

Reaction score
It should work, but at 6.55, I wouldn't be to mad if it didn't.

madatrub

Reaction score
Just another comment, I do have 2.1-update1 installed. Just went from 15-18 hrs per charge to 60 hours. Used the phone relatively the same. Not sure what they did to change something.

2010 ZR1

Reaction score
Just another comment, I do have 2.1-update1 installed. Just went from 15-18 hrs per charge to 60 hours. Used the phone relatively the same. Not sure what they did to change something.

Did you authorize an update? If so when?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I could a word about the battery.

It is what it is. Any update they send out to improve the battery will not be much help, in other words it's not going to go from you needing to charge it twice a day to once every other day. More then likely it will be hardly noticeable.

The reason for this is that smart phones, at least the one's I have used are battery hogs. Your best solution is to pick up a spare battery on Amazon for a few dollars, get an additional charger and a docking station.

The idea that the battery will vastly improve because of an OTA update is more science fiction then reality.