Evo got an update to help battery, will this phone?

Aluminum21

Reaction score
Htc put out an update to help the battery life, which sucks for this phone, will this phone get an update?

hydro556

Reaction score
I updated mine to the 2150 MAh battery. Helped tremendously. LOL.

But, it will still be cool if they figure out a way to consume less power I suppose.

Couldnt hurt.

zMd113

Reaction score
I don't think it's the top priority at HTC right now so I wouldn't hold my breath.

OP
Aluminum21

Aluminum21

Reaction score
I did get the 1750 sedio battery, it's helped but if an update can things then it should be done

It's crap that the evo already has an update

mrchambo

Reaction score
Yes, it is. But, the update is bricking a ton of Evos...soooo, maybe not so good.

JC

kmo

Reaction score
Htc put out an update to help the battery life, which sucks for this phone, will this phone get an update?

There are ways around this battery thing on the INC. Management, extra batteries, I mean please this phone does so many things at the same time if you don't pay attention to what's going on, sure you're going to get poor battery life. I think most of the "negative" posts are from people who have a smartphone for the first time. It takes some time to get used to all the different settings and options available. Apple besides being controls freaks re: user experience, puts those restrictions on the iphone for a reason, "battery" life. This open platform on "Android" needs more attention to detail than your average iphone user.

mcapehart

Reaction score
...I mean please this phone does so many things at the same time if you don't pay attention to what's going on, sure you're going to get poor battery life. I think most of the "negative" posts are from people who have a smartphone for the first time.
Not true. I've had smartphones for many years, since the first Treos and the Inc. is by far the worst for battery.

Yes, it does more simutaneously than the previous phones, BUT I also have a Droid (wife's using it now) and it has essentially the exact same configuration as the Inc and it's battery last 2-3 times longer than the Inc.

kmo

Reaction score
Well, maybe some are finding battery life a challenge but I find that it's not that terrible for the type of use that I'm doing. Battery management is just a part of having this phone. I don't think everyone who's had batt issues has tried all the energy saving tips out there, that's all I'm saying...

mcapehart

Reaction score
Well, maybe some are finding battery life a challenge but I find that it's not that terrible for the type of use that I'm doing. Battery management is just a part of having this phone. I don't think everyone who's had batt issues has tried all the energy saving tips out there, that's all I'm saying...
You're probably right. My point, however is I hate that I have to sacrifice features (by turning off stuff or reducing its use) when a device from a different manufacturer (Moto Droid) performs far superior under the same strenuous conditions.

kmo

Reaction score
Yea, I agree. I hate turning things off as well. But at times I have to save my battery. If I'm not using wi-fi, blutooth, etc. no biggie truning them off. I also have widgets that are 1 click actions to turn off/on items not in use. That's why I also bought 2 extra 1500mAh batteries and charger (total of $12.) off ebay to keep me juiced up all the time. They work just fine too, I know some may have a problem going to ebay but these batteries perform just fine. Same specs as the $40.-$50. models.

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Yea, I agree. I hate turning things off as well. But at times I have to save my battery. If I'm not using wi-fi, blutooth, etc. no biggie truning them off. I also have widgets that are 1 click actions to turn off/on items not in use. That's why I also bought 2 extra 1500mAh batteries and charger (total of $12.) off ebay to keep me juiced up all the time. They work just fine too, I know some may have a problem going to ebay but these batteries perform just fine. Same specs as the $40.-$50. models.

I'm with you, kmo. Got the batteries and wall charger off eBay, and they work just fine. I carry an extra battery in my wallet - they're so thin it's no problem carrying one with you - and I can go a day and a half of heavy use with no problem. Sure, it'll be nice if HTC can make a software change to improve battery life, but really this is no big deal.

OP
Aluminum21

Aluminum21

Reaction score
Htc put out a fixed update

and Incredible owners have yet to get the first update