Evo got an update to help battery, will this phone?

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by Aluminum21, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Aluminum21

Aluminum21 New Member

Htc put out an update to help the battery life, which sucks for this phone, will this phone get an update?
  2. hydro556

hydro556 New Member

I updated mine to the 2150 MAh battery. Helped tremendously. LOL.

But, it will still be cool if they figure out a way to consume less power I suppose.

Couldnt hurt.
  3. zMd113

zMd113 New Member

I don't think it's the top priority at HTC right now so I wouldn't hold my breath.
  4. Aluminum21

Aluminum21 New Member

I did get the 1750 sedio battery, it's helped but if an update can things then it should be done

It's crap that the evo already has an update
  5. mrchambo

mrchambo New Member

Yes, it is. But, the update is bricking a ton of Evos...soooo, maybe not so good.

JC
  6. rosariorose9

rosariorose9 Member

Say what??!! I hadn't read that. Please tell us more...
  7. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid Premium Member

8. mrchambo

mrchambo New Member

What zerosouls said...

JC
  9. kmo

kmo New Member

There are ways around this battery thing on the INC. Management, extra batteries, I mean please this phone does so many things at the same time if you don't pay attention to what's going on, sure you're going to get poor battery life. I think most of the "negative" posts are from people who have a smartphone for the first time. It takes some time to get used to all the different settings and options available. Apple besides being controls freaks re: user experience, puts those restrictions on the iphone for a reason, "battery" life. This open platform on "Android" needs more attention to detail than your average iphone user.
  10. mcapehart

mcapehart New Member

11. kmo

kmo New Member

Well, maybe some are finding battery life a challenge but I find that it's not that terrible for the type of use that I'm doing. Battery management is just a part of having this phone. I don't think everyone who's had batt issues has tried all the energy saving tips out there, that's all I'm saying...
  12. mcapehart

mcapehart New Member

You're probably right. My point, however is I hate that I have to sacrifice features (by turning off stuff or reducing its use) when a device from a different manufacturer (Moto Droid) performs far superior under the same strenuous conditions.
  13. kmo

kmo New Member

Yea, I agree. I hate turning things off as well. But at times I have to save my battery. If I'm not using wi-fi, blutooth, etc. no biggie truning them off. I also have widgets that are 1 click actions to turn off/on items not in use. That's why I also bought 2 extra 1500mAh batteries and charger (total of $12.) off ebay to keep me juiced up all the time. They work just fine too, I know some may have a problem going to ebay but these batteries perform just fine. Same specs as the $40.-$50. models.
  14. rosariorose9

rosariorose9 Member

I'm with you, kmo. Got the batteries and wall charger off eBay, and they work just fine. I carry an extra battery in my wallet - they're so thin it's no problem carrying one with you - and I can go a day and a half of heavy use with no problem. Sure, it'll be nice if HTC can make a software change to improve battery life, but really this is no big deal.
  15. Aluminum21

Aluminum21 New Member

Htc put out a fixed update

and Incredible owners have yet to get the first update
  16. tnhockey

tnhockey New Member

for anyone who cares, i force stopped the htc facebook app and since then my battery life has been a lot better. it was absolutely pathetic before that.
  17. Aluminum21

Aluminum21 New Member

FYI, apparently EVO is seeing huge improvments in battery life

seriously, **** HTC and Verizon
  18. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

LOL. People are still complaining about battery life on the EVO and the Incredible? Battery on both is fine and also depends on usage and what battery saving tips you decide on using. I have friends and relatives with the Incredible and EVO and after walking them through some basic battery saving stuff they go all day without an issue. Now if you are on the thing for 30 to 40 minute clips, surfing the web, streaming and playing games well then yeah your battery will get juiced in a few hours. Same can be said of my Droid. I go all day from 7am to 8pm and have between 30% - 40% battery left. Moderate usage. The second I start hitting it hard and stream video, browse non stop for 30+ minutes I can actually watch the battery gauge drop. These are no longer traditional phones and people buy them thinking "ooh look huge screen! let me watch a movie, talk to my friends for an hour and then browse the web for an hour or so" and then wonder why their phone's battery is draining so quickly. It still just amazes me.
  19. Aluminum21

Aluminum21 New Member

I guess you either didn't read a single post in this thread or you can't comprehend basic english

this thread is about the fact that the EVO already got an update to help the battery life and it helped it out tremendously, but nothing has been done to help the Incredible
  20. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

No I read through it and understood perfectly. You're upset that the Incredible didn't get a fix for phantom battery issues. I am also willing to bet that the better battery life that the folks with the EVO are experiencing due to this update may be minimal at best but because it was stated many are experiencing a placebo effect.
Search tags for this page

htc one x battery life update