Evo 2 console will be like an Android-powered Xbox

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
f27ymw.png

Envizions creation is called the Evo 2, but it's not a smartphone. It's an Android Powered set-top box that connects to your TV for one purpose, video games.

Its appeal is in the open quality of Android. "Evo 2 is an open console and gamers can modify any part of the system," described Envizion CEO Derrick Samuels.

There's also a lot of hardware to power the Evo 2 - a 1.2 GHz Samsung chip and 512 MB of DDR2 memory. It will ship this fall with Android 2.2 but is likely to be upgraded over time.

With Sony cracking down is this the future of gaming ?

Full Story

sb1831

Reaction score
This will flop. The last new console introduced was the Wii after their absence for a few years.

riko540

Reaction score
I guess it would be ok for the xperia play type of games. I don't think android has come far enough to implement something like this yet.

Jeyman

Reaction score
Um, how about we just get HDMI working at full power on phones so we can just use the smartphones for this? or google TV maybe?

Droidarola

Reaction score
Fine I'll be one of the first to say it....I actually like the idea of this and customizing the console itself is a big plus, if this does go through it will open up big opportunities for freelance app developers in general to create some games.

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
i would buy but not for 299 i would for say 79.99 or 99.99 tops maybe i can finally get a real nfl football game worthy of playing lol

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
U really think they would sell that low?...a phone is more expensive than that

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

to compete with the xbox and ps3 i would think they would have to be that low and if they are smart toss a few freebies to some game devs and see wha they can do with it

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

to compete with the xbox and ps3 i would think they would have to be that low and if they are smart toss a few freebies to some game devs and see wha they can do with it

It doesn't have to compete with those systems I doubt it will even be that big but trust me not even they would agree with that price...were talkin hundreds less than what any device powered by android costs nowadays