everything is getting saved to contacts automatically

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got my son his first phone, a Samsung Galaxy Core (entry level phone) and I have it set up through my plan with Verizon. I enrolled it in their plan so I can monitor his usage, what and when, and so forth.

One of the things that the phone does is sync his contact list and I can see that. But what I can't seem to figure out when I was looking through the phone, is how to set when to save a number to contacts.

Currently it seems that every number that comes in gets saved automatically as well as numbers he calls, including mis-dials.

Any idea how to only save what he decides, like probably everyone here does? I don't need to see it as a monitoring option, there's a whole other section that shows calls made and received.

Thanks

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Are you sure that you're looking in his contacts and not his call log? I've never seen an android phone add every number sent or received to the contacts, though that doesn't mean there might not be a device out there with such an option. Or, is it possible that he's accidentally hitting "Add to contacts" after every call?

What shows up for these number in the contacts? Do they get some random name, or is it just the number? If you tap on one, is the number used as the name?

Sorry for all of the questions. Just trying to help pinpoint what's going on here.

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
It shows in his contacts when the filter is set to view all. Currently I have it set to show google or gmail contacts only. I don't have the phone in front of me until later so I'll check on the name fields, The screenshots attached show short numbers, those are him typing too fast and hitting send before the whole number is input. I did confirm that with him. He has not input any number to contacts without a name.

...Sorry for all of the questions. Just trying to help pinpoint what's going on here.
Definitely no need to apologize, totally get why.

Attachments

• VerizonFamilyBase.jpg
    VerizonFamilyBase.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 231

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Your screenshot is of his phone online. Have you checked his device personally to see if it is saving them the same way? I'm thinking it is the parental controls online showing, and not the physical phone

Sent from my Verizon G4

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Your screenshot is of his phone online. Have you checked his device personally to see if it is saving them the same way? I'm thinking it is the parental controls online showing, and not the physical phone

Sent from my Verizon G4
Have to agree here. Just because they're labeled as contacts on the web access doesn't mean they're actually getting added to his contacts on the phone.

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, hell. This whole issue started when i saw them on the phone and THEN on the Verizon site. Now that I've gone back for the screenshot, they are no longer there. Guess we can chalk this one up to a waste of bandwidth.... for now ;-)
Thanks for jumping in