1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Everything Force Closed, and I mean Everything!

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by BeADroid, May 20, 2010.

1. BeADroid

BeADroid New Member

Hi,
    SO I got NinjaMorph, which is awesome in no way am I disparaging this great tool. but I was theming my framework, and I did something. I am not sure what caused it, but after I applied my changes, when the phone had rebooted. Everything was force closing as soon as I tried to use it. you name it, it force closed, including the actual phone app. I have since went to my latest back up, and am up and running. I just am curious if anybody else has had this problem, and what if they ever found out caused it?
    So just to reiterate, phone good, Ninja Morph awesome. Boneheaded Droid themer maybe. curious most definitely. So lay it on, what the heck happened.
  2. ashkev843

ashkev843 New Member

What were you messing with in the framework.... normally messing with the .jar files to change the clock will cause this... or if you are using a launcher that is not supported it will happen too.
  3. roberj13

roberj13 New Member

There are a number of things that can cause that, some of which are listed above. Also, I found out yesterday as I was using one of the status bar xml's from an older theme I made (2.0.1) that this will cause everything to FC as well as not showing a status bar at all. :)
  4. 928Droid

928Droid Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Yep, even just one incorrrectly formated image file will do this, BTDT.

$1 says you tried to edit the "activity_title_bar.9.png" image file. That is used in almost all apps including settings and will certainly cause this issue.

If you didn't make a Nandroid backup, use ADB and push a copy of your stock framework-res.apk to system/framework
    Last edited: May 21, 2010
  5. BeADroid

BeADroid New Member

I think I owe you a $1 928Droid. I surely did try to edit the "activity_title_bar.9.png" image file. I fiogured out thats what was casuing my probelm, when I went over my changes this morning. Thanks to everybody you repsonded. Do you know of any way to edit that file. I love for it to match everything else? or am I out of luck? Thanks again.
Search tags for this page
what caused force close on my phone?
what causes force close on android

what does force close mean

what does force close mean on my lg phone
what does force close mean on my tablet
what does it mean when your android says force close