Events missing from Calendar - ICS

Reaction score
Since the ICS upgrade, I have been poking around to see if there are any problems on my Bionic. I just noticed that there are many events on my Google calendar that no longer show up in the Calendar app on the phone. All future events seem to be there, but only recurring events show up prior to this month.

I think I would have noticed this if it had been the case before the ICS upgrade.

Ideas?

skifreak

Reaction score
I have a similar issue where I can see the events on the widget but when I go into the calendar and create an event it doesn't show up after I hit save, only a colored bar. When I click on the colored bar i can see the event info. Seems like a bug to me

OP
F
Reaction score
After plowing through hundreds of posts on this issue, including a couple of fixes that didn't work for me, I found one that did. It's here: Issue 3672 - android - Calendar app won't sync events older than 1 month - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

The part that worked are steps 1-10 in that post. Essentially, it involves exporting the Google calendar on the web, making a trivial change to the exported file using Wordpad, then re-importing that file. It takes about five minutes. After the first sync of the calendar, I now have eleven years worth of history at my finger-tips and searchable.

Huzzah!

eweber

Reaction score
It worked!!!

After plowing through hundreds of posts on this issue, including a couple of fixes that didn't work for me, I found one that did. It's here: Issue 3672 - android - Calendar app won't sync events older than 1 month - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

The part that worked are steps 1-10 in that post. Essentially, it involves exporting the Google calendar on the web, making a trivial change to the exported file using Wordpad, then re-importing that file. It takes about five minutes. After the first sync of the calendar, I now have eleven years worth of history at my finger-tips and searchable.

Huzzah!

Followed the instructions and it worked. I've been dealing with this issue for almost a year and have been incredibly frustrated until finding this post. Now I have all my events back on my phone (Droid Bionic) going back to 2000. Thank you.