even verizon couldnt fix this.....??

jimmydene84

Reaction score
after i got my droid about a year ago, all i wanted to do was root it. I didnt read enuf about it and the effects of messing up, which i did and "bricked my phone".....so what happened, I was using an RSD lite method....very dumb and unplugged the phone to early (of course messing it up). Finally got it to boot back up and when i had to make the call to re-activate it my service was through U.S. Cellular!?! Took it to verizon, they said that was weird and tried to re flash it with their stock system...didnt work, they called their tech support still couldnt get it fixed. They sent me a warranty phone and didnt want or take the old phone back. It works just fine and i use it as my "test" phone. It is still on U.S. cellular service though. Dont eally need it activated but if anyone knows how, i would love to know??

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Nope. Your 'test' phone is toast, it'll never, ever work. Send me a pm and I'll pay for you to ship it to me for parts. Just kidding.

The only reason I can think of that you get USCC when calling *228 is that you live in an USCC 'partner' area like I do. Does your working phone show "Verizon Wireless" or "Extended Network"?

OP
jimmydene84

jimmydene84

Reaction score
My good one says verizon, but there is a cell tower about a block away from my house (I aassume U.S. cellular) as my bad fone has full bars and my good one only has 2 at best.

On a side note, if u live in kinda the same situation....how do you get ur phone to reactivate correctly after a data wipe??

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
When we do a factory data reset (or data wipe), the only thing we need to "re-activate" on our Droid phone is to sign back into our google account. Which for me works once I either allow data roaming and/or use wifi at home.

Fully having to "activate" the phone, i.e. having to dial *228->option 1 only occurs when we have updated the baseband version or had to for some extreme reason flash a full .sbf file to the phone using RSD Lite. Which for me (dialing *228) only works when I drive the 60 miles one way till I hit Verizon towers.

OP
jimmydene84

jimmydene84

Reaction score
Cool, I have been hesitant to flash a new rom on my good phone cause everytime I wipe the bad one it goes back to the main reactivation screen, which until I learned the trick to get out of it I was screwed. I thought my good one would do that as well and be on u.s. cellular and a piece of crap too

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App