Even stumpped moto tech suppoprt

findit

Reaction score
To my recent post which was:
what does the enhanced voice privacy setting do. can people here you better if it is on or off?

just two people on here took a conflicting crack at what the setting does.
So I decided to call Moto tech support after being transfered to three people and put on hold for a while so they can find out, NOBODY at MOTO knows??? So can someone on here figure out the mistery setting.:hail: to the one that can set this one straight.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This is the million dollar question : )

I have looked high and low weeks ago and the only answer I have come up with is ........."nobody knows" : )

The great mystery continues.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression, though can't remember why that it was a version of their "Crystal Talk" technology. I remember reading in the previews that the Droid (and the unbranded Milestone) were to feature 'the next generation of Motorola's proprietary Crystal Talk voice technology' (paraphrased, can't recall the exact quote and to lazy to Google for the link(s) right now:icon_ devil:). Since there is nothing actually listed in the official specks and I've seen Milestone users recommend turning CT 'off' I would assume they're related. But have nothing but speculation to back it with:icon_ banana:. But HEY, speculation is what forums are about (or so it seems at times, lol:icon_ banana:).

Enter

Reaction score
I was under the impression, though can't remember why that it was a version of their "Crystal Talk" technology. I remember reading in the previews that the Droid (and the unbranded Milestone) were to feature 'the next generation of Motorola's proprietary Crystal Talk voice technology' (paraphrased, can't recall the exact quote and to lazy to Google for the link(s) right now:icon_ devil:). Since there is nothing actually listed in the official specks and I've seen Milestone users recommend turning CT 'off' I would assume they're related. But have nothing but speculation to back it with:icon_ banana:. But HEY, speculation is what forums are about (or so it seems at times, lol:icon_ banana:).

My Motorola Krave had voice privacy on it, god that phone sucked. In the manual that cam with it, it says that voice privacy encrypts phone calls. I always had it on and did not notice any change in call quality.

OP
findit

findit

Reaction score
someone mentioned it disables the second mic on top to filter out background noise. Is this the purpose of the mic on top of the phone?

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The second mic is for noise cancellation and as I understand it, its a part of the Moto CrystalTalk system thingy.

Anyway, as I understood it, the privacy setting was for extra encryption of the call. Its not Moto specific, as I have a couple LG and Samsung phones with the same setting.