1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Even after FRG83D update, my phone is still laggy.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Levenly, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Levenly

Levenly New Member

The FRG83D update was supposedly going to fix the lagginess when pushing the home button. Well, my phone was "fixed" for a few hours after the update, but since, my phone is still laggy as usual ever since 2.2...

It can take up to 10 seconds sometimes to go from an application to my home screen with the icons loaded. Even when I had my phone clocked to 1ghz, the phone still lagged upon loading the home screen and the app menu would often take 5-6 seconds to load up any of the icons.

Is anyone else experiencing this lagginess? Could this be a RAM issue or did the update just not address the issue? Would a custom ROM fix this problem? The only reason I haven't loaded a custom ROM is because I don't really want to change my theme around, and I want to ensure stability as I don't have time to fumble with my phone outside of my house.

Right now according to my running services, I have '19MB+53M' available (I'm not sure why it's listed like that). Shouldn't this be sufficient to run the OS with normal usage?? Maybe it's that I have my phone loaded down with apps, or maybe it's bloatware that I don't really use or need running services?

Any suggestions would be welcome, as this is pissing me off...
  2. tdowning6

tdowning6 New Member

Same here, very frustrated!
  3. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

It's the stock launcher needing to redraw. There is a thread in the bugless beast section that would help. Also installing adw and selecting system persistant will help too.

Sent from my Droid
  4. spiller37

spiller37 New Member

Launcher Pro is another alternative.
  5. Levenly

Levenly New Member

i installed ADW for now, and hopefully it will work. it hasn't lagged yet, but then again it isn't always constant.
  6. thinkmega

thinkmega New Member

I had the same problem too, until I put in ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 to /data/local.prop. I wouldn't say the problem is gone completely. It is indeed improved a lot. On the other hand, I got rid of a lot of apps from FRG83D build, which I think help extending battery time and make the whole user experience more smooth. Putting ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 into /data/local.prop is definitely the first step you should try...

Hope it helps.
  7. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

Enable compcache as well if you have the capability.