"Europeans shy away from Google Android phones"

Anomander

Reaction score
Just found this article on Yahoo News. Not sure what to think of it. Has the Droid been released over in Europe yet?
"Consumers steer clear of Google's OS and sell-out is below everyone's expectations. Consumers recognize the Google brand, but still do not understand what Android is,"IDC analyst Francisco Jeronimo said in a statement.

Article Here

I would think the way it is selling here in the States is a different story. Sales seem to be stronger then anticipated. Let's face it the iPhone has a good head start.

LordKastle

Reaction score
That is basically an insult to Europeans if you read the article carefully. It's basically saying they are ignorant and unaware and do not have the capability to change that.

It is a pretty useless article. Europeans will become aware once they begin using it and see the capabilities. I never owned an Android device before now due to it always being on T-Mobile and never gave it a chance. Now that I have experience, I am glad I made the decision I did.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well the inaccurate statement I had said about before was from the gameloft company. It was reported they are now back on with android. Seeing as this was written yesterday, the editor of this article should have known that.