European Soak Test Coming....

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Motorola is pathetic with these updates. I gave up waiting for it long time ago. This will be my last motorola phone...

Pathetic compared to who? Very few phones out there have received ICS updates, and no phones on Verizon have received ICS updates. Motorola is pretty much on par with the rest of the manufacturers out there. I'm not defending the amount of time it's taking, but Motorola is no more pathetic than any other manufacturers.

I wouldn't have bought my Razr Maxx to begin with if I wasn't satisfied with the Gingerbread operating system it was running. Getting ICS will be supe rcool, but I can wait patiently until it comes and no one from Motorola or Verizon promised me a release date.

Well said.

mustangdroid

Reaction score
I wouldn't have bought my Razr Maxx to begin with if I wasn't satisfied with the Gingerbread operating system it was running. Getting ICS will be super cool, but I can wait patiently until it comes and no one from Motorola or Verizon promised me a release date.

Oh I am satisfied with GB but I downloaded the ICS leak and installed it. The browser is the only thing that I liked from ICS. Im in GB again but I really miss the browser. I believe they did promised an update a couple of weeks after the release.

mustangdroid

Reaction score
Pathetic compared to who? Very few phones out there have received ICS updates, and no phones on Verizon have received ICS updates. Motorola is pretty much on par with the rest of the manufacturers out there. I'm not defending the amount of time it's taking, but Motorola is no more pathetic than any other manufacturers.
Compared to Samsung! hell even sony is giving more information about releasing the ICS update.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Compared to Samsung! hell even sony is giving more information about releasing the ICS update.

Samsung has officially updated the unlocked, carrier-free versions of Galaxy SII and what else? Not much. Like I said, hardly any phones have actually been updated. Until the major manufacturers release a flood of updates, including updates on carrier-branded phones (which require additional testing by the carriers themselves, something the unlocked, carrier-free phones do not), Motorola has really been no better or worse than anyone else. And Motorola has given out just as much information as Sony has, so again, they're no better or worse than anyone else.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Would you prefer dead silence and absolutely no indications of any estimates of a time line?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

Honestly, I prefer no news at all as opposed to inaccurate news. Given Moto's track record, and indication of a timeline is generally false anyways. So in that case, lack of information would be better since no one would spend time getting their hopes up. Just my humble opinion, of course, but i've seen missed target dates too many times in the software world (not just cell phone OSes).

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Motorola is pathetic with these updates. I gave up waiting for it long time ago. This will be my last motorola phone...

On Verizon, Moto devices actually get an above average number of updates. My Bionic for example is on its 3rd update since it launched in September. Given the fact that Verizon's carrier testing of a given OS build can take the better part of a month and a half, that is not really a bad track record.

And the ICS rollout in general has been a joke. Even the flagship ICS device on Verizon (GNex) is still awaiting it's update. It hasn't seen one since launch.

OP
MyEntityRemains
Reaction score
I think it is amusing that it seems that for these "can't wait to get (insert next major update here)" posts that the op will post what seems like very promising official, it's gotta be so, information and then that's it...the op disappears never to be heard from again. Do you think they are sitting back getting a thrill out of everyone's comments or are they scared to post for fear of getting lynched?

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Fear of getting lynched? PLEASE! My post did not say anything about ICS. Take from it what you will. It seems a little odd that Moto is begging for testers all of the sudden, with ICS so close to being a reality. Again, take from it what you like. And go ahead and lynch me! LMAO

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
There you are. That answers my question. Don't take offense. I was just making an observation noticing that posts hinting at ICS spark a lot of intensity but the op is absent and wondered if the op is being amused by the debate that ensues or is absent because he doesn't want to get caught in the potential crossfire.

OP
MyEntityRemains
Reaction score
There you are. That answers my question. Don't take offense. I was just making an observation noticing that posts hinting at ICS spark a lot of intensity but the op is absent and wondered if the op is being amused by the debate that ensues or is absent because he doesn't want to get caught in the potential crossfire.

I'm not easily offended, so none taken. Again, I never said it was ICS, or anything at all for that matter. I saw it over at xda and thought this forum might find it interesting. I didn't get any amusement out of it (until your post, but don't be offended). This isn't my first rodeo and understand how Moto and Big Red play the game. I'm happy with GB, so I have no real expectations. I still find it interesting that Moto is begging for people to sign up for "future" soak tests. I guess we shall all see together. :)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I'm glad you are not offended. I must admit that I am very guilty bc I get amused reading the posts in these "it must be coming" threads...the anticipation and excitement is all over the place and I wondered if some start the threads just to spark the debate. There was one thread that was pretty funny where the op purposefully announced that he got his ICS and he was being literal...I think his intention was to be goofy and get people to see the humor in the hyped anticipation. It was a funny thread. And I might get beat up over this but I do find some posts a little over the top...angry over expectations, blaming moto, Verizon, claiming false advertising, etc. And I agree, It will get here when it gets here...for now I will enjoy gb.

OP
MyEntityRemains
Reaction score
I'm glad you are not offended. I must admit that I am very guilty bc I get amused reading the posts in these "it must be coming" threads...the anticipation and excitement is all over the place and I wondered if some start the threads just to spark the debate. There was one thread that was pretty funny where the op purposefully announced that he got his ICS and he was being literal...I think his intention was to be goofy and get people to see the humor in the hyped anticipation. It was a funny thread. And I might get beat up over this but I do find some posts a little over the top...angry over expectations, blaming moto, Verizon, claiming false advertising, etc. And I agree, It will get here when it gets here...for now I will enjoy gb.

Right on....if Moto reals want to make us happy, unlock the bootloader!